Review: Kind Collective Lip Glosses

 

I know, I have a problem. I buy too many things, even when I get sent stuff. I just can't help myself! It's totally a pathologocal issue. I know that I'm attracted to things that are new to me, even when I have plenty of things already, and that is why I buy plenty of second hand things - maybe that's why makeup and skincare, which are always brand new, tend to spark such excitement in me? Who knows! In any case, I have considered that there are worse vices, and I'll just have be happy with who I am.

 

So, what have I been trying that I'm really into? Probably the most affordable thing that I've bought for a while - the Kind Collective Lip Glosses! Having been previously wowwed by the brand (which you can find over here, here and here), I really wanted to see if I would feel the same way about their lip glosses, which come in about eleven shades, and given that it's really inexpensive at $5 per tube, I picked up the two that I was most keen on - Champagne and Coral.

 

The design is simple, and effective. It's a slim tube with a doe foot applicator, which allows for even and precise distribution of the gloss. I was a little dubious initially, given that this is a very common sort of packaging, and I have seen my fair share of cheap lip glosses that haven't resulted in a particularly good finish, taken multiple layers to get anywhere with it in terms of pigmentation or just been a clumpy, sticky mess.

 

Instead, on first go, I found one slick of this to actually give me a decent shine, and a nice slippery feel to the lips, rather than being overly sticky or gooey. It doesn't have a scent that I can pick up to it, and I like that this contains shea butter, which means that this can be nourishing, while giving the lips a sheer tint and shine, and in some cases, a bit of a shimmer. Like all glosses, these aren't here for a long time, just here for a good time, and reapplication is a must if you're looking to wear them all day. 

 

I also managed to pick quite sheer shades, so I can't speak to how pigmented they may get, but they are comfortable to wear, and I can feel it on my lips for a couple of hours while I'm out and about, provided that nothing passes my lips. The Kind Collective lives up to it's name with being cruelty free and vegan, meaning that their products don't contain any honey, lanolin, bees wax or carmine. These highly affordable glosses can be found at a variety of places, including Priceline and Big W. Are you a glossy babe, or into your mattes?

Comments

Popular Posts