Review: Hair Shots

 

There is one thing that I don't seem to get sick of hearing, ever, and that's how healthy my hair appears to be! As someone who has been steadily dyeing, bleaching and torturing her hair with hot hair tools, I am very aware that every blow I strike to my hair will lead to it becoming weak, brittle, and generally just drying it out to the point where I wouldn't be able to turn it around very easily. Because of this, I try to take good care of my hair, so that it wouldn't end up feeling all crinkly, with knots that are impossible to brush out. 

 

I manage to get it to look the way it does by treating my hair to regular treatments and masks, as well as by massaging leave in conditioners and oils into my hair, all of which can help to mitigate the stresses inflicted upon my tresses. I was recently introduced to something else to aid in keeping my hair healthy that I found quite genius, and that's Hair Shots! I think of them much in the same way that serums slot into my skincare routine - these are a range of concentrated actives that you can add to your hair products to help balance your hair and scalp needs.


Rather than swapping out what you're already using, these little guys can work with them to help target your needs, and depending on what you're seeking that day, you can grab the active of your choice, like I have, and use it to give your hair a glossy finish, while not compromising on the bounciness of your hair that comes from using your volumising shampoo and conditioner. Now, tell me, doesn't that sounds dreadfully clever?

 

So, Hair Shots currently comes in six different, er, flavours, for lack of a better word! There is Scalp Balance, which is designed to help soothe dry, itchy and irritated skin. This contains lactic acid and papaya ferment to help gently exfoliate skin while also keeping the scalp's microbiome balanced, as well as a touch of menthyl lactate to give it that refreshed cool feel on the skin. Thinning Peptides aims to to help hair growth, while also keeping hair pliable and prevent breakage. Product Detox is fairly self explanatory, and this is what you'd whip out when you've been a little heavy handed with styling products and dry shampoo. It's meant to help remove product build up and unclog follicles, without stripping the strands or drying out the scalp. 

 

 If you struggle with dandruff, then No Flakes Antimicrobial would be just right for you! This may be a good alternative to those who'd also like to use a range of other shampoos and conditioners, and this can help to lift and remove flakes and stop irritation and itching. Keratin Bond Repair is something that I've actually been using, and it's great for looking after chemically-treated, damaged or fragile hair. It's meant to help improve strength, elasticity and shine. My absolute favourite, though, has to be Insta Lustre. This helps you achieve smooth, shiny hair that even the humidity in Hawaii couldn't wreck, and I find about three pumps to be perfect for me. They retail for $40 each, and you can read more about them over here. Which one would you pick?

*These products are provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts