Review: Farmacy Honey Halo Hydrating Ceramide Face Moisturiser

I've been really busy over the last few weeks, zipping from place to place and peppering my social life with catch ups with people, which, as an introvert, is something that I have to push myself to do a bit. As much as I love my friends, I recharge my batteries better on my own, but I also suffer from FOMO, so it's a bit of a balance as to what would work best for my mental health. However, as busy as I get, I never neglect my skin, and the Farmacy Honey Halo Hydrating Ceramide Face Moisturiser has been helping my skin stay all glowy and happy.

 

While I haven't had much experience with Farmacy, aside from the odd mask here and there, I have to say, for my first real go with the brand, this has been fantastic! This is meant for those who are looking to hydrate and plump the skin, while also replenishing dry, distressed skin. This manages to do so by plumping skin with fig fruit extract, which helps to bind and restore moisture. It also includes buckwheat honey, with propolis and royal jelly blend, which is chock full of antioxidants, and can help hydrate the skin, so that you can maintain that luminous glow.

And of course, it also contains potent plant-case ceramides, and these are there to help replenish the skin barrier, while the addition of shea butter and vitamin E can assist in locking in moisture. While it might not sound like there's a lot of complicated ingredients that make up this face cream, the proof, as they say, is in the pudding, and this has been working well on my skin. The cream is packaged in a frosted glass jar with the cutest wood(-like?) screw cap that has a magnet in it, allowing the spatula that comes in the box to stick to it.

 

The moisturiser is rich, thick and it is the colour of whipped honey, a pale creamy yellow. It has a light scent that is somewhat reminiscent of honey, but not entirely, which is kinda good, as the scent of honey always makes me feel a little hungry. This cream starts off feeling quite thick and oily on the skin, but it does settle down overtime, so that you no longer feel like this is simply sitting on the surface, and clogging up the pores.

 

Instead, while this does leave a bit of a layer on the skin, it does result in my skin feeling, and looking smooth and dewy. I feel like this has been a heavier cream than I've been using in recent years, but I actually really quite like it. I wonder if this might be too rich for the warmer months, but it's been lovely for the cooler ones, so I think I'll be using this until it gets hot! You can grab your own for about $80 for a 50 ml jar. Having tried a honey-rich product, I'm now more curious about them, and I'd love to hear your experiences about them - drop me a line if you have any recommendations!

Comments

Popular Posts