Review: La Roche-Posay Redermic Retinol B3 Serum

 

Happy Sunday! I don't know about you, but despite having to work this weekend at my full time, incredibly stressful, and mostly wonderful job, I've had quite a lovely couple of days, and as such, cannot be upset about anything. And of course, it also really helps that my skin is looking good, even as the weather continues to fluctuate over the days, as we slowly drift toward the warmer months, and that is partly due to La Roche-Posay and their Redermic Retinol B3 Serum. 

 

For the babes who have tried, or might be thinking of trying, retinol, and might have skin that's sensitive to strong actives, it's finally your time to rejoice, because this stuff is legit! And apparently designed for those with sensitive skin in mind! This claims to be gentle on the skin, while still working very hard to fight the signs of ageing. Essentially, this is an anti-ageing serum with pure retinol, and this is supposed to help resurface the skin, and improve the appearance of fine lines, deep wrinkles, as well as dark spots caused by sun exposure.

 

This has also been formulated with vitamin B3 to help keep the skin soothed and soft, as well as supple and plump, by improving the skin's moisture barrier, allowing for the skin to retain moisture. This combines instant release and gradual release active ingredients, so not only do you get a hit of the goodness that's in the serum, this also give you continued results and optimal tolerance. It all comes packaged in a dark glass bottle with a dropper to help you titrate the exact amount of serum that you'd like to use. I find about a 5 cent piece size to cover my skin sufficiently.

 

The serum is a pale cream shade, and it doesn't have a particular scent to it. This has a relatively thin consistency, which makes it easy to work into the skin, and I like that it doesn't take long to be absorbed. It doesn't leave a sticky film, which means that I can layer my skincare efficiently without waiting for very long. Since I started using this, I have noticed that my skin has been feeling softer, and that while I cannot claim that this has made a big difference for wrinkles, I feel like this has made it so my fine lines are a little less noticeable. 

There is no other way to say this than - I LOVE IT! This is the serum that I reach for when I still want to use some retinol, but my skin isn't at it's most well behaved, when I probably would have avoided retinol completely prior to trying this. I bought this a while back, as a bit of a gamble, because I was keen to try some La Roche-Posay serums, and it's a yes from me! You can find this at various retailers, including Priceline and Adore Beauty. I don't think that this has a particularly high retinol concentration, so if you're after something more hard hitting, this may not be it for you, but if you're sensitive to certain actives and you're a fan of niacinamide, then you should look at picking this up! This retails for about $72. What was the last thing you picked up from LRP?

Comments

Popular Posts