Review: RoC Derm Correxion Fill + Treat Advanced Retinol Serum, Wrinkle Filler Treatment with Hyaluronic Acid

 

I'm constantly tweaking my skincare routine to suit my needs, and I pick the active ingredients according to the needs I'm looking to target at that point. There are times when I seem to pick one particular active ingredient over others (vitamin C, I'm looking at you), leaving products containing goodies like retinol and niacinamide sitting around and gathering dust until I pick them up again. This time, retinol is taking centrestage, and I'm looking forward to raving about it!

 

I've been using the RoC Derm Correxion Fill + Treat Advanced Retinol Serum, Wrinkle Filler Treatment with Hyaluronic Acid for the last few weeks, and this has been a really interesting product to use. This is filled with three forms of hyaluronic acid to help plump the skin, smoothing out the skin and reducing the look of fine lines. It also has retinol and swertiamarin, which are meant to help provide lasting positive effects to the skin, so that you can have smoother looking skin for longer. 

 

This is an interesting product to use, as it isn't a serum that's meant to go all over the skin, although you could certainly do that - I mean, everyone knows that skincare doesn't really have any rules. It's designed in such a way that you can just apply it to the problematic areas, directly on the lines themselves, and let them work their magic prior to following it up with other bits of skincare. Part of why this is easy to use that way comes down to the packaging as well.

This comes packaged almost like a syringe, with a cap that is easy to pull off, and a thin nozzle with a soft tip for dispensing the product, and to get it out, you just push on the end of it, and this pumps the product out. The serum is relatively thick, but thins out with me gently massaging it, and patting it into the skin. I use about three pushes of this each time, and that is just about sufficient for the areas I'm looking to target. Once it is no longer evident on my skin, I then proceed with the rest of my skincare routine.


Just as as reminder for those who need it  - I always wear sunscreen, but for those who don't, it's certainly a lot more important when you're using retinol! I like to use this for when  my skin is looking like it's in need of a bit of of a boost, and I mostly use this around my eyes and the creases that creep in when I smile. I find it helpful to an extent, in that my skin in these areas feel plumper and smoother, therefore reducing the appearance of fine lines. I use this as an adjunctive product, rather than in place of a serum. At $60 for 10ml, you don't seem to get much bang for your buck, but it's certainly worth it if you're tackling tricky regions. Head to Chemist Warehouse if you're keen to grab one. Would you take retinol over hyaluronic acid, if given a choice, or vice versa?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts