Review: Luk Beautifood Lash Nourish Mascara

Happy midweek! At the time of you reading this, I'll still be in the air, winging my way back from sunny, gorgeous Hawaii. And of course, you know what that means - I'd probably be in desperate need of some Zzzs sitting crammed into my seat for about 10 hours and looking forward to recovering from my trip away. What is it about a holiday that makes you crave another one right afterwards? It's a good thing no one can overdose from too much rest and relaxation! That said, I know that I'd probably be applying my skincare at this point, trying to make myself look a little more awake, and my skin a little less dull.

 

Of course, aside from a great eye cream and an outstanding concealer, the one other thing that could really help feign that 'just had 8 straight hours of undisturbed sleep' look is a fantastic mascara. The Luk Beautifood Lash Nourish Mascara has a formula that is meant to nourish, hydrate and support lash growth, letting the lashes breathe instead of being smothered. The formula contains argan oil, which is steeped in essential fatty acids, cucumber seed and avocado oils, which contain vitamins B5, B7 and E, as well as being infused with green tea and coffee extracts, pumping it full of antioxidants, antiinflammatories and caffeine. There is also silica-rich bamboo in it to help promote healthy lashes.

 

This comes in a gold tube and has a mid sized brush with a slight hourglass appearance to it, designed to grab every lash that it brushes past, covering them in the product. This is meant to be buildable and be a clump free formula that lifts and holds lashes. It's also supposed to be smudge and flake resistant, while being easy to remove and this is appropriate for babes with sensitive eyes, as it's meant to be quite gentle.

 

The first thing that strikes me when I open this tube to retrieve the wand is that it is the most fragrant mascara I've ever smelled. I mean, I can't remember the last time I had a mascara that carried a lightly floral scent, and one that didn't have a particularly chemical sort of fragrance. And the goodness doesn't end there! It certainly is clump free, doesn't irritate my contact lenses or eyes, and I love that I haven't had any smudging as a result of this. It also does as the label says in that it is easy to remove, and I'm not left with a great big ring of darkness around my eyes after jumping into the shower, after supposedly removing it. 

That's all fantastic, but as always, this doesn't lift it as much as I'd like, which is generally just a me problem, and this doesn't give me as much volume as I'd prefer either, which is a shame. I tend to reach for this when I'm looking to have a more natural finish. This is available in two shades, Espresso, which is a rich, dark chocolate brown, and Black Tea, which is a gorgeous black. You can find them over here for $37 each on their website. What shade would you go for?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts