Review: Plendi Skin Outback Mud Mask

 

Ah, a mud mask! When I think about a good self care day, it always conjures up images of me sitting on the couch with the cat on my lap, a glass of red wine in one hand and the remote in the other, and a mud mask working it's magic on my face. It sounds like a cliche for what we think of when we talk about self care, but it's a cliche for a good reason - because it works, and that's just what I look forward to at the end of a very long day.

 

I suppose the question is - why a mud mask? Ultimately, it may be because a mud mask is designed to draw out impurities and help clear the skin, giving you a clean slate to start with, so, if we're looking at this from a philosophical perspective, then this is as much to help you clear your mind as it would your skin. So, let's talk about what's been helping me clear my mind, while keeping my skin soft, and that's the Plendi Skin Outback Mud Mask!

 

Plendi is a brand that preaches body positivity and being responsible with Mother Earth, and to live up to what they're saying, they're putting their money where their mouth is, by putting 20% of their profits into self acceptance and environmental sustainability. I'm not entirely certain how they are doing that, and I'd love more details about what community initiatives they support, but it does sounds like a step in the right direction. Additionally, their jars are made of recycled material, and they are, in turn, also 100% recyclable. 

 

That's all fine and well, but what does the Outback Mud Mask do exactly? This is designed as a 4-in-1 product, in that you can use this to exfoliate, cleanse, hydrate and condition the skin. You can apparently use this as a shower cleanser/conditioner daily, or, like me, if you'd prefer to, you can use it as a mask pack instead, one to three times a week. This is meant to clarify the skin, while helping to even the skin tone. It is also supposed to be good for resurfacing and refining the skin. This contains kakadu plum extract for that big hit of vitamin C to help keep the skin radiant, as well as kangaroo paw extract to help moisturise the skin, while improving the skin barrier. The inclusion of macadamia oil means that this is full of vitamin E to help nourish the skin, while Australian sandalwood essential oil can help relieve anxiety, keep the mind calm and reduce the appearance of blemishes.

 

Finally, tea tree essential oil is there to help soothe irritation and inflammation, making this mask something that just about anyone can try. It comes in a white plastic jar with a yellow screw cap, and I catch a whiff of the sandalwood, which is a little spicy to me, every time I open this. This has a slightly gritty texture, and is otherwise easy to spread over the skin. It does dry down a bit, but not to the point where this ends up cracking on the skin. Once washed off, this leaves my skin feeling smoother, particularly around the nose, and a little brighter. It's one I reach for when my skin is feeling a little congested. It's an easy mask to like! Get yours for $50 over here. Does this sound like a mask you'd use?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts