Review: Dope Skin Co Glow Tonic

 

As I've gotten older, the way in which I see the world, and the way I do things, have changed. For example, I used to be way more into exercising to try and stay a certain size, a certain weight, to fit into some of my narrower jeans, that sort of thing. These days, I'm more about trying to be healthy, build muscle mass while toning up, and generally trying to stay fit. That applies my skincare as well - I'm big into toning up there too! 

 

It's not new to see Dope Skin Co on the blog, but if you're new to Temporary Princess, welcome, and you can check out my previous posts over here and here. A while back, I was sent a selection of Dope Skin Co products, and I was so taken by their Glow Tonic that I wanted to set aside one particular post just to show case it, so here we are! The Glow Tonic is a gentle skin brightening toner that's meant to be appropriate for babes looking to even skin tone and fade pigmentation and revive dull skin. This is suitable for all skin types, and it's vegan, cruelty free and pH balanced.

 

There are a number of key ingredients that play a part in achieving those skincare goals, including 5% acetyl glucosamine, which has exfoliating properties, and it's meant to help reduce hyperpigmentation. This also works synergistically with 4% niacinamide, which can improve skin elasticity, while reducing the look of fine lines, inflammation and skin sallowness. There is also licorice root extract, which can inhibit melanin and fight free radicals, and by doing so, it can help with hyperpigmentation. 

 

The addition of ginger root extract means even more antioxidants, and this is also good for helping to tone the skin. Acerola cherry extract is steeped in vitamin C and great for brightening the skin, while also working with witch hazel extract to tone and improve skin elasticity. Hemp seed extract can help hydrate and soothe the skin,while panthenol does a similar thing, with the added bonus of preventing trans-epidermal water loss, resulting in improved moisture retention. Beta glucan is high in antioxidants, and great for skin repair and barrier function.

 

This comes as a pale peach coloured liquid in a clear bottle with a flip lid, allowing the user to pour the toner onto a pad easily. Gently swipe this over the skin and allow it to dry down before proceeding with the rest of your skincare routine, and enjoy your glowing skin! This causes my skin to tingle a little bit, but that passes after a few seconds, and otherwise, my skin definitely loves it, because my skin has been better since I embarked on using this - just clearer, brighter and softer. This sits at an affordable $39, and you can find it over here. I'll be using up every last drop of it, given how good it has been for me! Is this something you'd like to try?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts