Review: Lancome Clarifique Refining Brightening Pro-Solution Serum

It's mid week, and the weather is picking up again! After enduring a strangely cold Spring weekend, it's time for a bit of skin to show, and to wear a little bit less makeup, now that the sun is back out again. This means that I need to look at switching out some of my skincare products for others, and Summer calls for radiant skin, so that means it's farewell to anything heavy, and hello to goodies that add luminosity.

 

Based on the promise of it bringing brightness to the skin, while reducing the appearance of pores, acne marks and dark spots, I was lured into buying the Lancome Clarifique Refining Brightening Pro-Solution Serum, and honestly, no regrets! Created as an ultra-concentrated serum, this is meant to have potent brightening actives swilling around in it, such as 10% PHA, pure Niacinamide and Beech Bud Extract, to help clear and clarify the skin.

 

Inspired by Korean skincare, specifically, the Korean Water-Peel Procedure, which is a non-invasive dermatological procedure that helps to brighten skin by using a potent, yet mild exfoliant, PHA. What I hadn't realised at the time of me purchasing this was that this was tested on Asian skin types specifically, because, and I'm guessing, we're prone to hyperpigmentation, and if anything, this would be up against some tough spots (no pun intended) to improve.

 

Suitable for all skin types, the 10% PHA is there to help gently exfoliate the skin, while the pure Niacinamide can help block melanin, helping target pigmentation, while soothing skin. There is also Beech Bud Extract,  to help brighten, clarify and improve skin tone. These all come packaged in a gorgeous, clear bottle that's reminiscent of carnival glass, with a pipette that gives you a set amount with each push. This has a watery consistency, and lacks a fragrance, which means that it's easy for just about anyone to use. This gets absorbed very quickly, and I've been incorporating it into my skincare routine twice daily. 

 

Since I started using this, it's actually made a difference to hyperpigmentation that came about as a result of self trauma (read: picking at my own blemishes - don't do it!). I had a small area of pigmentation right above my lip, as I kept attacking a zit, and I didn't leave it alone, and I was resigned to having a dark mark on my skin as a result of it. After using this for about three weeks, it's faded massively, and it's no longer as visible as it used to be. I love this so much, I've been thinking of getting one as a gift for a friend! You can find it at various retailers that sell Lancome, including their online store. What was the last thing you bought from Lancome?

Comments

Popular Posts