Review: Natasha Denona I Need A Warm Palette

Eye shadows can be such tricky business. I remember when I was a kid, and the first thing I was interested in playing with was, of course, lipstick. Who doesn't remember placing big, thick rings of colour on the lips, and smacking them together, as a child, and standing back to admire your own handiwork? The second thing I fell in love with was eye shadow, and I can still remember a little palette that I bought with my pocket money - the colours were pressed into letters of the alphabet, from A to F, and one of them was this ridiculously bright blue shade.

 

I gravitated to bright colours at that point in time, because I was six, and playing with such cheery hues was so exciting to me. As I got older, I shed the overly bright shades, although I will admit to dabbling in fun colours from time to time, depending on the occasion (music festivals, I'm looking at you!), but mostly, I am more of a nude/bronzey tones sort of babe now, with some forays into mauvey shades, and really into Natasha Denona and their stunning palettes, so you can imagine the excitement I felt when I heard that they were coming out with a warm nude kit!

 

Aptly named the I Need A Warm Palette, this gorgeous latest drop from Natasha Denona may be my favourite new thing! A mix of six matte, 2 metallic, 1 multichrome, 2 sparkling foiled, 1 duochrome, 1 slip cream matte and 2 high foiled metal gloss shades, these come housed in a taupe case that holds a large mirror, which is a very handy feature, and one that I've used on multiple occasions when I've gone away with a different Natasha Denona palette. 

 

The slip cream matte and high foiled metal gloss shades are brand new formulations, with the slip cream matte (shade Flashover) being said to glide smoothly over the skin, and it's also supposed to provide a highly pigmented luminous matte finish. The metal gloss eye shadows (shade Homie and Snug) are meant to add reflective dimension, and it's supposed to have a liquid-like finish. 

 

I've only had this palette for a few days, since it arrived at Sephora last week, and I've been experimenting with looks and trying out the new formulas. I love using this to create a halo eye - the colour payoff is incredible, and lives up to the other palettes from Natasha Denona in terms of quality, and I absolutely adore how pigmented and easy to work with the colours all are. For my neutral/warm skin tone, this is a reasonably versatile, and wholly beautiful palette to work with. This has replaced my Golden Palette as the most reached for palette from the brand. It retails for $125, and you can find it over here. What is your favourite Natasha Denona product?

Comments

Popular Posts