Review: Anastasia Beverly Hills Dewy Set Setting Spray


As I write this, I can already feel some of you rolling your eyes (particularly my mother, who occasionally lurks on the blog and Instagram - I treasure you, mum, but I don't need you judging me on how much I've been spending recently!), because I bought the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dewy Set Setting Spray while on a shopping spree in Sephora (say that fast three times!), and it's been a revelation! I mean, I knew that ABH could do a lot of great things, but I wasn't aware that they could also throw their hat into the setting spray ring, and be a major contender for my personal top five spritzes! But I'm getting ahead of myself.

 

So, the ABH Dewy Set Setting Spray is suitable for all skin types - combination, dry, oily, sensitive and normal. This is said to give the skin a radiant glow, while helping to set the makeup in place. Aside from helping to set the makeup, you can also use this to prep and refresh the makeup, or skin, so that you can look your glowy best.

 

This is a lightweight, water-based formulation that comes packaged in a very glitzy and glittery gold spray bottle that catches the eye when you see it. In fact, I've been keeping it on my shopping list for quite a while, and I just never went through with it initially, because I had so many other products on the back burner, and I wanted to get through a number of them before I purchased one, so I'm very glad I got the chance to do so!

 

I love how soft and light this is on my skin, and the spray is quietly powerful, which means that it disperses a fair bit of product in a well distributed pattern onto my face. I also love that the spray nozzle was very specifically designed so that it could spritz out just the right amount to prevent less wastage! All you have to do is mist the face in an X formation, and you're good to go! Interestingly, all I can see as their main ingredient is glycerin, which makes sense for this helping to hydrate the skin. 

 

This works well at locking my makeup in place, and I love that it also adds a radiant glow to the skin. As a prep spray, I feel like this adds another layer of moisture to the skin. Overall, this has been a success! This is cruelty free, vegan, and hydrating, all while being alcohol free, which means it won't dry out the skin. It also comes in two sizes, which means that you can try out the smaller size if you aren't sure about it, but if you're anything like me, you'd be regretting that decision, and looking to up size once this runs out! This is available at Sephora, Mecca and other retailers that carry ABH. Have you tried this before?

Comments

Popular Posts