Review: Goop GoopGlow After Glow Body Oil

Someone said recently that it felt like they skipped straight to Summer, and I totally get that. Like, whatever happened to Spring? Sure, we're going to hit the occasionally cold pocket here and there, like yesterday, but it won't last for very long, and I can say that we're firmly on our way to roasting hot 30+ degree days. This also means that after a day of being out there in the baking hot sun and stifling humidity, I wouldn't want my skin to recover with heavy lotion.

 

Rather, I would be keen on using an old reliable friend - the body oil! I am loving the new purchase that I made last month when I was having a flick through the Mecca website to see what my little heart desired, and as it would turn out, it was the GoopGlow After Glow Body Oil! This vegan, cruelty free golden oil is designed to hydrate the skin, while brightening it, as well as smoothing and exfoliating the skin. 

 

The key ingredients are as delicious as the oil feels on the skin. Firstly, this contains one of my all time favourite Vitamin C sources - the gorgeous Australian Kakadu plum. Given that this is rich in Vitamin C, this can help give the skin a good glow, helping it live up to the name. Additionally, it also has squalene, which is, of course, good for improving the skin barrier, helping the skin stay supple. The inclusion of sea buckthorn and raspberry seed oil will help prevent moisture loss, and these being steeped in omegas, they are also supposed to help hydrate the skin. It also has other fun ingredients like plum and pomegranate oils. 

Packaged in a tall, frosted glass bottle, this has a cap that has a lever where you push on one side of the cap in order to get the oil to come out. It can be a little bit of work tapping it out, but it's so worth it! While not a particularly dry oil, this does, in fact, dry down nicely, so that you can pull on your clothes without feeling greasy and sticky, which I love. I love that my skin absorbs this quickly, and that it leaves my skin feeling smooth, and moisturised.

 

I couldn't place the scent of this when I first sniffed it, and it's no wonder! This contains notes of ginger, violet, cedar and vetiver, which means that the fragrance is a blend of woody, floral and musky. It's quite a heavy scent initially, which then dies down into something softer. Overall, this is a delicious body oil that helps to smooth and soothe skin, without leaving it feeling sticky. Totally worth the $80 for 100ml, if you ask me! Grab your own over here at Mecca. What's your current favourite body oil?

Comments

Popular Posts