Review: Olay Regenerist Retinol 24 Max Night Hydrating Moisturiser

 

We all know that a good night cream goes a long way. It's the work horse for while we're resting, and this layer is supposed to help replenish your skin, restoring it to it's best self, so that you can wake up to a good start in the morning. This means that when it comes to choosing a good night cream, there are a few things to take into consideration, and there is one that seems to tick off a lot of boxes for me, and that's the Olay Regenerist Retinol 24 Max Night Hydrating Moisturiser.

 

Olay is a frequent flyer on this blog, and for anyone who might be keen, you can read previous posts over here, here, here, here, here, here and here. It's pretty clear that I'm a fan of the brand, and I don't know how you couldn't be, when they have products at a decent price point that work quite well. The latest to join the blog is the Olay Regenerist Retinol 24 Max Night Hydrating Moisturiser, and this is for anyone who is looking to have skin that feels hydrated, with an even tone and a natural radiance.

 

This is designed to help improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, dark spots and pores, while also also leaving the skin feeling smooth, firm and looking bright. This cream comes packaged in a glossy purple jar with a shiny silver screw cap, and the cream that lies within is white, smooth and light. A little scoop of this is sufficient to cover my face and neck, and I like that this is easy to massage into the skin, and that it there's no obvious fragrance.

 

The moisturiser is almost gel-like, which means that it's quite easy for the skin to absorb this. This is actually an upgraded formula, with it now containing 40% more retinol 24 hydrating complex, and this means that it's supposed to last for longer than the original form. Given that I never got the chance to try the original formula, I have no comparison point, but I can say that this version has been great on my skin. I love that it doesn't cause me any irritation, probably as I'm quite used to retinol, and that it's been helping keep my skin feeling supple, and the fine lines at bay.

There is one little drawback with using this, however. Depending on what serum I use alongside this moisturiser, I have noticed that it has pilled a little, particularly along my hairline. It's not enough to be a deal breaker, but it can be a little annoying. Otherwise, this has been an excellent moisturiser, with it's non greasy, skin loving formula. This retails for $69 for about 50 ml of product, and it is currently available at a number of retailers, including Priceline. What was the last product you used from Olay?

Comments

Popular Posts