Review: Olay Niacinamide Honey Peptide Serum and Moisturiser

Olay will always be that household name that I associate with my childhood and early teens. I remember of flood of Olay commercials that I used to see while watching TV, and how exciting it made skincare look, back before I even began to dabble in beauty products. It would naturally stand to reason that I'm always psyched to try out Olay products, and I'm so glad I got the chance to try out the Olay Niacinamide Honey Peptide Serum and Moisturiser!

 

This range is designed to help reduce the appearance of pigmentation and spots created by sun exposure, while also being useful for making inflammation less obvious, as well as calming the skin. I've been using a combination of both products, so hang tight, and let me talk you through them! The Olay Niacinamide Honey Peptide Serum comes in an opaque bottle that has a dropper built into the cap, which means that as you screw the cap on, it creates negative pressure, so that the serum is sucked into the dropper, ready to be dispensed as you pull it out of the bottle.

 

This serum has a very slight citrus scent, which is quite pleasant, and being that the consistency is quite thin, absorption is done in a flash. A dropper full covers the skin of my face, neck and chest, and I love that it doesn't seem to leave a residue behind. While I feel like regular use of this has helped in keeping my skin hydrated, as well as adding a glow to my complexion, I'm not entirely certain that this has made a big difference to my pigmentation, which is a bit of a shame, but given how positive the rest of my experience has been, I'm really happy to finish this bottle off!

 

I follow up the serum with the application of the Olay Niacinamide Honey Peptide Moisturiser. This comes in a white jar with a silver screw lid, which is very much in line with the rest of the products from the brand. Inside lies a creamy, light moisturiser that feels refreshing on the skin, and is really easy to massage into the face. Much like the serum in the range, this also gets absorbed relatively quickly, and doesn't result in a greasy sensation.

 

I've really liked using this as my day cream, underneath my SPF, as this doesn't contain any SPF, as well as at night, for when I want a lighter cream, over my evening retinol. It is a seriously lovely moisturiser, and aside from keeping my skin feeling smooth and hydrated, it leaves a hunt of a glow behind that makes my skin look healthier and happier. It's perfect for Summer (and I know we've had some helluva days!), and I would certainly recommend getting one of your own! These products can be found where Olay is available, including Priceline, and these retail for $59.99 each. What is your must have, top of the list, Olay product?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts