Review: Avene Cleanance Cleansing Gel

I love Sundays. Aside from the possibility of a lie in, Sundays hold a lot of promise for me. You could get up and hit the gym to set your day right. Or, you could meander your way through a farmer's market, looking through all the fresh produce and feeling virtuous as you nibble on a carrot cake, your nod to being a little naughty for the day. If you're feeling industrious, then you can actually get your butt in gear and hustle like a fiend and kick ass professionally, am I right?

 

Don't forget, though, it is still the day for rest and aside from physically slowing down, and mentally taking a break, you should also give your skin the day off from makeup, or at least, giving it a good cleanse. I've certainly been feeling the need to refresh my skin recently, after a long day - between long days at work, and family visiting, as well as going away on a little mini trip with the aforementioned family, I've been on the go, and I feel like it does take it's toil on my skin a little bit.

 

The Avene Cleanance Cleansing Gel comes in a clear tube that contains 200 ml of product, and it can be accessed via the flip lid, making this an easy tube to squeeze the cleanser out of. This is a soap free cleansing gel that aids in gently removing impurities from the skin, while also helping to reduce excess sebum, without drying out the skin. This also has the added bonus of helping to remove makeup, reduce bacne (it's a pesky scourge!) and it can even be used as a shaving gel for babes with oily skin - I'm curious about that last one, and I think I may have to get my husband to try it when he needs to shave next!

 

This is fragrance free, which means that there is no added scent, but it does carry a light, fresh ocean-type note to it that washes away with the cleanser. Monolaurin is part of the ingredients, and this is what's responsible in creating a mattifying effect on the skin by making the appearance of the skin texture smoother and reducing excess sebum production. Of course, there's always the Avene Thermal Spring Water that helps to soothe the skin.

 

This doesn't seem to lather up, which I tend to expect from soap free products, and I love how soothing I find this to be for my skin, particularly with it having been so hot and also sticky over the last few weeks. For someone with normal skin, I don't find this to be very mattifying, but I do think that my skin seems to look just a little less glowy (without looking dry) when I've been using this. If you're like me, then a quick slick of liquid illuminator will fix that right up! It's an easy product to love, and if you're keen, then know that it's only $28.99 and easily available at a number of retailers! 

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts