Keeping it on with Jane Iredale - Calming Lavender Hydration Spray and Smooth Affair Mattifying Face Primer

 
Happy Sunday! I've had yet another big week, from full time work, to axe throwing (yes, really, stay tuned to my Instagram for exactly what went down!), to flying off to my first trip to Noosa, then returning today to get my life back in shape - laundry, cleaning, winding down from travelling - to a concert with some friends tonight. Thankfully, it's not going to be anything where I'd have to be on my feet, cheering and stamping. Instead, it's going to be a very dignified and grown up evening with Richard Marx. If his name sounds familiar to you, then congratulations, you are probably around my age, or young enough to be my kid!

 

And of course, as you know, work stress, eating badly, and travelling, as well as environmental contaminants and changes in the weather can seriously cause your skin to play up. That said, at least you always have powerful skincare products to help you rein it in, and makeup goodies to aid you in faking it till you're making it! When my skin is freaking it out, it's important for me to help soothe it, and in this case, it has been drinking in the Calming Lavender Hydration Spray!

 

With the weather being hot, humid, wet and sticky, it has been a real relief to actually cool my skin down with the Calming Lavender Hydration Spray. This comes in a very charming purple metallic bottle that has a good misting effect for covering the skin, without feeling like it's spitting at you. I love that you can already smell the lavender when you remove the cap, and this serves as a bit of aromatherapy as well when I spray it, covering me in a silky blanket of calm, which, given the mix of chamomile and organic lavender, isn't surprising! 

This also has the added bonus of helping to set makeup, and while I don't know that this would replace my usual holy grail setting sprays, I like giving my skin a spritz when I'm in need of trying to stay centered, and I do appreciate that it's also preventing things from shifting on my face. Speaking of preventing things from shifting, that's the perfect way to slide into talking about their Smooth Affair Mattifying Face Primer! I know that my combo/oily babes out there are constantly battling the sliding of makeup, and it's trickier when the weather is like this.

 

While a finishing spray is the best way to seal it all in, the prep for keeping it on really begins with your primer. The Smooth Affair Mattifying Face Primer is designed to be light on the skin, while helping to balance oil production, as well as reducing the appearance of pores and fine lines, resulting in a matte finish. And of course, above all, it's made to grip your makeup, so that it doesn't move around! If you're wearing only part of your makeup on your face at the end of a hot and stressful day, then this duo may be right for you! What is your go to makeup setting combination?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts