Review: Marzena Post Wax Calming Body Oil

 
It's absolutely no secret that I love a good body oil. Looking back through my purchase history, it's evident that a decent amount of my loyalty points at The Big Three (Sephora, Mecca and Priceline) have been accrued over time through the purchase of some really excellent (and occasionally forgettable) body oils at these establishments. I'm happy to report, at least, that in this particular case, the Marzena Post Wax Calming Body Oil is worth spending money on.

 

If you're not familiar with this product, don't worry, you're about to be! And I'm sure that you're at the very least familiar with Marzena - they are best known for their hair removal product, including hair removal cream, and of course, their wax strips, which is actually why the Post Wax Calming Body Oil exists! This is designed to help deal with that sticky wax residue by removing it, reducing open follicles and keeping the skin nourished, smooth and hydrated.

 

This comes in a frosted glass bottle with a gold cap that is easy to pull off, while still being reassuringly tight when placed back on. The pump dispenses a small amount of product with each push, and what comes out is a soft golden oil that is easy to smooth over the skin. While it's primary purpose is to help get rid of any leftover residue from the wax strips, my favourite use for it is simply to moisturise and nourish my skin.

 

This is absolutely delicious! It is made up of a rich blend of 100% natural origin oils and this New Zealand based cruelty free brand has found just the right mix. It includes hemp seed oil and evening primrose oil, which can help to calm and soothe the skin, as well as Manuka oil, for it's natural antibacterial properties. The addition of apricot kernel oil and jojoba oil can help with hydrating the skin.

 

This feels like a dry oil to me, where, shortly after application, this dries down to the point where it can barely be detected on the skin. However, while I'm slathering this on, this glides over the body really smoothly, and I find about eight pumps to cover my arms and torso, while another eight pumps serve my legs nicely. The more I use this, the more I like it - I'm getting to the point where I'd like to see a vat of this at my nearest pharmacy! That said, it feels kinda like a bargain anyway, sitting at just $16 for 110 ml of product! Would you be keen on trying this oil?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts