Review: Maybelline Lasting Fix Setting Spray

Let's get real for a moment here, babes. We all know how hard it is to deviate from something that you absolutely love, a holy grail product that you've been using for ages, to try something else that might mean that the longevity of the full face of makeup that you so painstakingly applied could hang in the balance of it all. That's right - I'm talking about your setting spray! 


Pardon the theatrics, but for the longest time, I relied on two different brands very heavily, and while I have dabbled in various other setting sprays, I always went back to them on the occasions that I needed to make absolutely certain that I was sealing in all of the goodness in a bid to prevent them from escaping (ie smearing). This time, however, I stuck with using this and just this for all of my setting spray needs - rain, hail or shine. Or, really, cold/wet or cold/dry, this time of year! I used this every time I wore makeup for a month, and here are my thoughts.

This comes in a matte purple bottle with a pump that works so well at spritzing an incredibly fine mist that it simply feels like quiet and neat little setting spray kisses that just help to keep all the makeup exactly where it should be. While I generally associate the word matte as something that isn't for me, and more for babes with oily skin, I find this to be mattifying to a certain degree without dulling my shine. I do still prefer a dewy complexion, but for the Summer, this may actually be a worthy weapon in my artillery of makeup products, for when I just can't stop myself from overheating in the blazing sun.

Aside from the wonderfulness of the mist, which I really do love, I feel like this holds up to the elements really well. My skin doesn't feel any drier as a result of using this, which is good, and my makeup is mostly intact by the end of the day.  I mean, that's asking a lot for someone who finishes her makeup application at 6.45 in the morning, and may only get home at 8 or 9 PM. This is even with wearing a face mask at work daily, and touching my face intermittently. 


This retails for just under $20 for 100ml and it can be found just about wherever they stock Maybelline, which is a lot of places, including Priceline and Chemist Warehouse. For a drugstore brand, and one that is so easily accessible, I can honestly say that I would recommend this if you're after a good setting spray - just keep in mind that this will give you a bit more of a matte finish! Overall, it has been an excellent trial, and I will be keeping this on hand for future spritzing purposes!

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

  1. Set your makeup look in place with the Revolution Conceal & Define Infinite Fixing Spray. This lightweight, ultra-fine setting spray mists on to the skin to keep your makeup pristine all day long. Mist before makeup, after makeup, or during the day as a top-up.
    Best Makeup Setting Spray Online

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your blog. Really Informative! Bellecrux's setting spray is a lightweight, alcohol-free mist that instantly sets makeup while locking in moisture and preventing smudging and fading. more ifnomartion aboutdewy setting spray

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts