Review: Dr Dennis Gross Dark Spot Sun Defense Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50

I love sunscreen! I know it sounds like an odd thing to say, but if you're into anti-ageing products, and trying to slow down the hands of time, then this is the most effective product you can use. You know what they say - prevention is better than cure! And it really has to be about prevention, because trying to undo something is just so much harder, and potentially, impossible. Don't forget, the last year and a half have been focused on preventing a disease - curing it has proven to be a very tricky task. The same applied to ageing!


I purchased the Dr Dennis Gross Dark Spot Sun Defense Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50 a few weeks ago, as I've always wanted to try something from Dr Dennis Gross, but never quite needed to get anything. This comes in a slim white tube with orange lettering and a screw cap. While it can stand up on it's own, it doesn't have a very wide base, so it can fall over quite frequently, which can get annoying fast. This is a 50 ml tube, and you can find it online at Cult Beauty.

 

The texture of this is smooth, and quite thick. I find that the required amount of sunscreen for excellent coverage tends to leave me with a bit of a white cast, which I would expect from a sunscreen of this SPF. I do like that this isn't tacky, and doesn't leave my skin feeling dry either. Instead, it's a happy medium of feeling moisturised while doing it's job of keeping my skin safe. The white cast does go away when you cover over it with your makeup, which you'd expect it to, and to be fair, it's really not as white as I've had from other sunscreens.

 

 As far as sunscreens go, it's quite lovely, in that this is fragrance free, agrees with my skin, and protects me from the harmful rays of the sun. I don't have a thing against fragrances, but I am definitely not a fan of sunscreen scents - it's part of why I didn't like them as a child, which seems to silly, but every time I catch a whiff of it, I find it a little off putting. The texture is what clinches it for me, and overall, I would recommend trying this if you're after an excellent sunscreen!

Comments

Popular Posts