In Rotation: Hand Creams ft. Korres, Palmer's, Nu Skin and Gumleaf Essentials

I've been blogging for quite a few years, and while certain types of posts have some and gone, just due to the normal evolution of time, some things have stayed the same. And honestly, I've really missed doing some of these posts that have disappeared over time, and in the spirit of bringing something back, I thought it would be a good time to do an In Rotation post, and what better type of product to talk about than the work horse that keeps my hands feeling soothed and soft - the humble hand cream!

 

Kept on my bedside table, these gorgeous hand creams have been keeping my mittens all soft and moisturised, and I'm loving all of them! The Nu Skin Epoch Hand Cream (read the full post over here) is one of the newest in the collection, and this has been a great addition! I love that this is creamy and thick, yet it doesn't leave my hand feeling greasy or wet. Instead, my hands end up feeling soft and moisturised, without a discernible layer on the skin. This has quite a balm-like texture, and surprisingly, for the thickest of all the hand creams in my collection, it has the fastest dry time and honestly doesn't feel like there's any product on the hands after a few seconds.

I've also been using the Gumleaf Essentials Nourishing Hand Cream in Rose Geranium, Lavender and Cedarwood, which I started trying out a couple of years back, and recently unearthed in the midst of me tidying up my makeup room. I'd forgotten how great this hand cream was! It's quite a soothing hand cream that's beautifully scented, and lightly so, with the lavender coming at me first, followed by the faint soothing scent of cedarwood. This gets absorbed relatively quickly, leaving the hands feeling hydrated, with just a hint of moisturiser behind. You can read my post on it over here

If you're looking to indulge your skin in a bit of Grecian goodness, you should head over to my post on the Korres Pure Greek Olive Oil Hand Cream in Olive Blossom. This has more of a lotion consistency, and while it's quite thick, this certainly has the most watery texture of the lot. It has a pleasant, light scent, and I do like that it keeps my skin soft. I can't say I'm a massive fan of the screw cap, however, especially when all the others come with a flip lid. Comparatively, this is probably the lightest of all the hand cream I'm currently using, making it a good one for warmer weather as well.

 

Palmer's is such a household name, I don't think you'd be able to find a single person who hasn't tried something from the brand before! Their Raw Shea Nourish Hand Cream is thick, and while hydrating, it does leave a bit of a mildly slippery layer behind on the skin. I like using this most on the point of my elbows and on rough, scaly patches, as I find this to be effective at keeping those areas smooth. This is also the most accessible of all the hand creams I've been using, given that it's available at plenty of retailers. What's your all time favourite hand cream?

*Palmer's, Nu Skin and Gumleaf Essentials were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts