It has been a desperately slow month for the beauty boxes! It's already 1/3rd of the way through the month, and there was no sign of any of them (except my Brissie Box - more on that later!) until Friday! Yippee! Her Fashion Box, the first of all three boxes, turned up on my doorstep unexpectedly. Apparently, there was a mix up with the addresses (billing vs shipping) due to a server change, but luckily for me, I found an email from the company detailing this, so it came as no surprise to see it at home.
The first thing I noticed was the size of the box. Wha...? It's bigger than usual! I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me, until I opened up the pink box to find this:
It's definitely different! Previously, it was a box with a lid that just fit over it, and they've now changed them to the flip boxes with a magnetic bit to the lid! It's also bigger and boy, did it need to be bigger!
For anyone unfamiliar with Her Fashion Box, you can find more details here. At $39.95 per month, you can pick one of three types - classic, feminine, or trendy. I did really well with trendy earlier in the year, but I'm so glad I'm with feminine now, because this month really bowled me over when I saw what was in it! For anyone who would like a purse friendlier alternative, HFB also has a boxette version, which has less in it, but also has a corresponding price tag of $24.95.
Here's a breakdown of what's in the Feminine box this month, plus their surprising twist!
1) Fashion magazine detailing all of the items
2) 'Glamour Glimmer' clutch
3) 'The Brando' ID bracelet
4) 'White Hot' silver plated ring - which is too big, but I've been trying to squeeze it together to make it smaller - I think it's working!
5) Maybelline Color Show Nail Colour in Coral Crush full size
6) Maybelline Color Show Nail Colour in Blue Freeze full size
7) Designer Brands DB lip crayon in Enchanted Rose full size - which is what it says on the item itself, but judging from the colour, I actually think this one is Kiss & Tell, but mislabeled.
8) Designer Brands DB kohl pencil in Black full size - I've used this before, and actually really quite liked it. Very affordable at $4.95!
9) Lonvitalite Collagen Firming and Moisturising Facial Mask 1 mask
10) PureTAN Pure Moisture Coconut Crème Body Scrub 15ml sample
I was also supposed to get an extra PureTAN item for filling out last month's survey, but I didn't get it, so I emailed HFB to get the skinny, and I got a reply from Kerry quick smart, who couldn't find my survey, but said that there might have been an issue with saving it, apologized and said that they would send out a PureTAN item next week to me, which was EXCELLENT customer service.
This was not my first time dealing with their customer service, and I have to say, it's been incredible and prompt each time, so top marks to them over there - I'm also betting they don't sleep!
One of the new things that they are trying out at the moment is expanding their customers' profiles in order to tailor things to their preference. This month, we were all sent metals that we preferred the colour of, which would be why I got the silver bracelet and ring.
All in all, an excellent box! What are they going to do next to up the ante?