High Tea at Lilianfels, Blue Mountains AND new place to call home (switching from Tumblr)

Today, I celebrate a shift to a different spot - welcome to my new place here on BlogSpot! For my first official post here on BlogSpot, I would like to talk about my high tea experience recently at  Lilianfels in the Blue Mountains. Mr Prince and I decided to do something different, heading out to the Blue Mountains for a bit of an indulgent afternoon.


The hotel itself was beautiful (with pet friendly accommodation, for anyone interested), and we were sat at two armchairs facing the courtyard, with a low, but sufficiently large table. We decided to go for the Luxurious High Tea, which, for the price of $69, included a glass of Moet and Chandon each.

Here are the tea choices we had:


Mr Prince had a very dignified Earl Grey, while I picked the Peppermint with a side of honey. Don't ask me why, but that seems to be the norm when I have high tea - something not caffeinated with honey.


Here's the setup at the table with our little champagne glasses chilling to the side:


And here's all the yummy things we were served:





From memory, the savory items included things such as ham and cheese sandwiches, an open chicken or turkey cucumber sandwich and I think an egg mayo sandwich. The scones were light and fluffy, and the usual mix of plain and raisin. The sweets were by far the most interesting, with a rhubarb cheesecake tart, jam shortbread, a deconstructed banoffee pie and what was kind of like a profiterole, but not quite and extremely tasty.

Overall, the experience was delightful, and set in a very dignified ambience. It would have been nice to have had some explanation of what we were eating prior to tucking in, but aside from that, the service was quick and very polite.

I would give this:

9/10


Comments

  1. It all looks very delicious, I especially love Banoffee Pie!

    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Same here! I thought it was a deconstructed apple pie at first!

      Delete
  2. This looks delicious! I love high tea, I keep attempting to make scones from scratch and it just never works... And it's just kind of fun to let the experts do it and attend high tea, so I figure I should just stick with that!

    I'm really enjoying your blog, it's lovely!

    Zoe xx
    notesfromatwenty-something.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zoe! It's great to see someone swinging by to check things out! I've had a little peek over on your blog, and it's just gorgeous!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts