Review: Skin Physics Oxygen-C 15% Vitamin C + Ferulic Acid Serum

Welcome back, Skin Physics! Skin Physics is one of those brands that I've actually gotten my mother onto, and she loves their night cream, which I always pack into my bag when I head home to see my family. I've been a fan of their work for a while, and I'm always excited to see what new things they come up with! It's actually a brand that I've featured a lot over the years, and you can find dedicated posts over here, here, here, here, here, here and here, as well as other posts where I discussed Skin Physics among other brands, and it's honestly gone from strength to strength. 

 

I've been trying out their newest addition, which is the Oxygen-C 15% Vitamin C + Ferulic Acid Serum, and while I loved their original vitamin C serum, I have to say, this one takes it up a notch. This is touted as a high strength brightening complex that combines pure vitamin C and ferulic acid to help target dull skin, correcting uneven texture, while fighting signs of ageing and working to skin tone. This is also supposed to help reduce the appearance of dark spots and hyperpigmentation, while fighting free radical damage from excess sun exposure.

 

It's basically a two prong attack, with the 15% pure vitamin C, which comes from pure ascorbic acid and is brimming with antioxidants, to be the one that helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, as well as that of dark spots and hyperpigmentation. Meanwhile, the ferulic acid works hard to help boost and amplify the effectiveness of vitamin C, so that it can help in preventing signs of premature ageing and improving the appearance of pigmentation and dullness. 

 

It all comes packaged in an opaque white class dropper bottle, which makes it easy to titrate the amount of product that you want to use. The serum is very watery, and a pale yellow, which dissipates as you smooth it over the skin. The consistency of this serum means that this gets absorbed readily, and it leaves my skin feeling like I didn't even use anything in the first place. 

 

I've been using this for the last few weeks, and I absolutely love it! It's light on the skin, and my skin does look brighter and happier as a result of the serum. I feel like there's been an improvement in the appearance of fine lines, but my hyperpigmentation has remained largely the same, sadly. I didn't expect it to tackle such a major task, as I have lots of little freckles, so to me, this is still an excellent serum, and overall, one I'll be finishing! It's currently available at their online store, as well as other retailers who stock Skin Physics, such as Priceline, for $39.95.

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts