Review: Hask Colour Care Colour Protection Shampoo and Conditioner

As someone who washes their hair just about every other day, due to my workout schedule, it's not easy for me to keep my currently purple hair looking as vibrant as I'd like for it to be, without going through the hassle of having to top the colour up regularly. As such, I have to rely on all of my hair products to work for me, rather than against me, so that I wouldn't end up with my hair colour running more than I'd like for it to. Hence, trying the Hask Colour Care Colour Protection Shampoo and Conditioner was a no-brainer when I was offered the chance to do so! 

 

I would also like to take the moment to give their hair oils a shout out! I've been in love with them ever since I was brave enough to give them a go quite a few years back. I wasn't sure that they would be suitable for my hair, and my concern was that they would weigh my hair down, making them feel like my locks were in need of a wash before the end of the 48 hour period, but thankfully, these are a delicious drink for my hair! They leave me with soft, luscious locks that are easy to tame, and while they are all amazing, my absolute favourite has to be the Keratin Protein Smoothing Shine Oil. 

 

Now that the hair oils have had their moment, let's talk about the Colour Protection Shampoo and Conditioner! Like the rest of the shampoo and conditioner range, these come in tall bottles with a lever cap, where pushing down on one side reveals an opening that you can get the product out. They smell just like the bottles would suggest - a beautiful, and girly, blend of organic rose oil and fresh, juicy peach. It's almost like opening a new bag of gummy candy - sweet and just about edible.

 

Together, these are meant to protect colour-treated hair with an extra layer of defense by helping to seal the colour in, so that they can help maintain the vibrancy of your strands, while also enhancing shine. These are also meant to reduce frizz, prevent colour fade, restore moisture and help keep your tresses nourished, hydrated and strong. The shampoo has a thin consistency, and I find that this washes the hair well, without feeling like it makes it feel dry, while the conditioner coats the strands beautifully. 

 

I will admit, I was expecting this to be a little more nourishing, and to leave my hair feeling softer. Instead, this adds a bit of body, and it does seem less frizzy, but it's also not as soft as I'd like for it to be after using this duo. In terms of helping preserve my hair colour, again, while I felt like I got a bit more bang for my buck in that I got a slightly longer interval between topping up my hair colour, I still felt like my colour ran regularly with it's use. Retailing at $17 each, they are easy to find at Priceline, Woolworths, and online stores, such as Amazon. Have you tried this Hask range?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts