Review: Fable and Mane HoliRoots Pre-Wash Strengthening Treatment Hair Oil


 Expanding my horizons when I'm not spending my time jetting around different parts of Australia, or the world, means, to me, trying new products that I don't tend to branch out to. You may remember that I recently started on my pre-shampoo hair treatment, and since trying out something for it, I've been shopping my stash for something else I could try to give me the same effect. While digging through my goodies from my advent calendar, I came across the Fable and Mane HoliRoots Pre-Wash Strengthening Treatment Hair Oil, and I've been using this at least weekly.


Fable and Mane is an all-vegan hair care brand that looks to help bring life back to tresses that are in need of reviving, and this range is based on traditional Indian hair oils and massages.The HoliRoots Hair Oil is said to be a multi-benefit pre-wash hair oil treatment that is meant to help strengthen the roots, and in doing so, prevent breakage, while hydrating the scalp and hair. It's also supposed to help promote healthier hair growth, so that you can be left with a happier scalp and hair. 


This contains ashwagandha, which is what's meant to help strengthen the roots and hair follicles, while the addition of dashmool, which is a proprietary blend of Indian herbs, is supposed to keep the scalp calm. There is also castor oil, which is very nourishing and meant to help thicken the hair, while also breathing new life into damaged strands.Made for all hair types, including colour-treated hair, this oil comes in an amber dropper bottle, and there are three different sizes in total, ranging from 14.4 ml to 100 ml, and an in between size of 55 ml. 
 
 
 
This doesn't feel like a particularly oily oil, and it's quite lightweight on my hair. In order to use this, simply section your dry hair so that you can place one dropper of oil into the appropriate spots that need some extra help.Massage the oil into the roots, and let it sit for at least five minutes, or overnight if you're after bigger results, and make sure you rinse the hair really well before piling on your usual shampoo and conditioner. 
 
 
 
I love that this doesn't weigh my hair down when I put it in, making it so that I can sleep with this comfortably, and I have to be careful to not be fooled by how light this is, because when I've overloaded it previously, thinking it wouldn't be too heavy, I found my hair to actually be a bit limp after washing it out. I haven't found this to do much for breakages, but I do feel like it's done something to help keep my scalp calm. I wish this had a stronger scent to it, as it's quite subtle, but it's lovely otherwise. Read more about it over here. Have you tried a pre-wash oil?

Comments

Popular Posts