Review: Laura Mercier Aromatic Bath and Body Oil in Ambre Vanille

It's time for me to over share. I mean, let's face it, I do that all the time anyway, but hey, if you're still here and reading this, then you're clearly hanging around to read all the details, the nitty gritty, warts and all, about my life and the products that I keep rotating into it. If you're just here for the products, my apologies for you stumbling across everything else, but sorry, not sorry, you've now been warned! So, my little bit of an over share is that as I've gotten older, I've had some health issues crop up.

 

Nothing serious, it's the usual aches and pains that I've been dealing with on a regular basis, and one of my least favourite things, the occasional nose bleed. This seems to be more of a common occurrence as the weather cools down, and I think it may be due to the cold air actually drying out my skin, and being a chronically snuffly person, given that I'm allergic to Australia, in general, when I blow my nose, I'm never too far from a nose bleed, which isn't fun. I still love you, Australia, but I'm not certain my nose does some days! And imagine, if this is the skin (or mucus membrane) that is less exposed to the elements, then how dry must the skin that is out in the open be?

 

And that is precisely why I'm a big fan of body oils, especially in the Winter. I was flipping through the pages of Mecca recently, and I wanted to treat myself to something beautiful, and found the Laura Mercier Aromatic Bath and Body Oil in Ambre Vanille. Given that Laura Mercier is a very trusted beauty brand in my household and that of my sisters', I jumped at the chance to try something potentially beautiful from them. Coming in at $129 for 100 ml of product, I can honestly say that this isn't cheap, but it certainly is gorgeous.

 

 It comes in a glass bottle with a screw cap, and to get the product out, you just have to tip the bottle and pour some time to the palm of your hand. Designed to be used both in the bath, or simply over the body as a moisturiser, I've been reaching for it regularly after my hot showers. This cruelty free oil is hydrating, brightening and exfoliating. Steeped in botanical extracts that are rich in antioxidants, this contains nourishing ingredients like starflower oil, which is meant to help soothe tired skin, as well as French plum oil to help plump the skin and make it glow. There is also olive leaf extract for reducing irrigation and calming the skin, while also encouraging cell regrowth. Additionally, there is also baobab seed oil to soothe and moisturise the skin.

All that translates to delicious blend of lightweight oils that simply glides over the skin, while filling the air with the soft, sexy, creaminess of amber, which wafts over the warmth of sweet, rich vanilla. There are also fresh, floral notes of tangerine, tiger orchid and heliotrope, overlaid with the musky sweetness of sandalwood, coconut, almond and brown sugar. You are left with skin that is soft to the touch, without a single rough patch in sight. This is light, but can be oily if layered, yet it doesn't leave the skin feeling like an oil slick. I love this oil so very much, and as far as wanting to treat yourself with something luxurious, this is worth adding to your list! What was the last item you treated yourself to?

Comments

Popular Posts