Revamped Packaging: Alpha-H Liquid Gold

 

Being excited about skincare and makeup means that I've been around for quite a while, and I've been able to follow the ups and downs of sales and trends. I've seen some product come and go, and sometimes I've been left with a gaping hole of affection for what I used to love that I can no longer get. Additionally, I've also seen an evolution in formulation and packaging, as well as a change in certain companies for the better, and that is what we're looking at with Alpha-H!

If you haven't ever tried Alpha-H's most famous, and arguably most well loved product, their Liquid Gold, which, incidentally, lives up to the name, then you're missing out on something really awesome! There's a reason that this product has achieved cult status, and it's not hard to see why. At the core of it, this is an exfoliating treatment that's been shown to increase the luminosity of the skin, improve it's elasticity and help to even skin tone and texture. 

To achieve these goals, this helps to exfoliate dead skin cells, accelerating skin renewal, and therefore stimulating the production of collagen and hyaluronic acid. For those who are new to it, you're meant to ease your skin into it slowly, then work your way up to incorporating Liquid Gold into your routine three times a week on alternating evenings, which, for me, means Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and taking the weekend off. 

I remember when I first started using this, and I was uncomfortable about the deviation from my normal routine, because this is a standalone product, which means that you're not supposed to put any other products together with this. After cleansing your skin, you're supposed to apply this over the skin of your face, neck and decolletage, and simply leave it to work it's magic. In the Winter, I add a bit of face oil to my skin once it has dried down, as per the recommendation on the website, just so my skin doesn't end up feeling too dry.

This has a low pH glycolic acid formula, which is how it does all the amazing things for the skin. It has now been revamped so that it comes in a 100% post-consumer recycled (PCR) plastic bottle with a dropper, helping to reduce excess plastic waste in the environment. They also donate 1% from every bottle sold to Women in Ocean Science, which I love, love, love! For more information on Liquid Gold, or simply to see where you can purchase your own, head to their website. Have you tried Liquid Gold previously?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts