Review: Cetaphil Derma Control Oil-Free Facial Moisturising Lotion *


I've been dying for someone to come up with something like this for the longest time, and finally, finally someone did! I've been big on SPF for at least half of my life, and it's so great to actually be able to integrate something with SPF into my husband's life as well.
My husband is... a little fussy. He doesn't like the smell of sunscreen, and he also isn't a fan of moisturisers that feel slippery. He doesn't like doing too much to change up his routine, and he likes to keep things as simple as possible. I can understand that, because once you fall down the rabbit hole of skincare, it can get a little crazy and somewhat overwhelming.

Thankfully, Cetaphil happens to already be the brand of the one cleanser that he uses, and the Cetaphil Derma Control Oil-Free Facial Moisturising Lotion ticks a lot of boxes for our separate requirements! 

First off, this doesn't just have SPF, this has SPF 30,  and it affords broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection. This is meant to hydrate the skin for 24 hours and it's been formulated for acne-prone skin, which means that you don't have to worry about overloading your skin while trying to stay moisturised.


This comes out as a thin, white lotion initially, which I was confused about, but once it's dried down, the skin does feel moisturised without a residue. For someone with normal skin, this doesn't make my skin feel dried out, but also doesn't particularly keep my face as moisturised as I would like. However, for someone like my husband, this is great, because he doesn't really notice the lotion once it's on. He does, however, think it smells a little like sunscreen, while I feel like there isn't a scent to it at all, which would make sense, as it's stated to be fragrance free on the packaging.

For $19.99, you'll get 118 ml of product in a hygienic pump bottle. For those looking for matte control, this hasn't made a noticeable difference to things, but it is otherwise an excellent option for those seeking SPF without the slick slipperiness to it. This can be found in Priceline and other pharmacies.

Are you an oil free babe when it comes to your moisturiser? Do you struggle to get your partner to include basic lotions in their routine?

* This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts