Review: Skintific Mugwort Anti Pores and Acne Clay Mask Stick
Happy Thursday. honey bunnies! I think that I have officially decided to stay on holidays permanently, and not come back to my normal life. Have my cat shipped to me - we're off on an adventure! No, but seriously, I wish I didn't have to go back to being responsible, to having a mortgage, to my full time job, as much as I love a lot of it. Being on holidays is just fun, but we all know that we can stay on one forever, don't we? Sooner or later, we have to go back to being, well, just us. One thing about travel is that my skin doesn't really appreciate having to live out of a suitcase so much, and there's one thing that I wish I'd packed - a clay mask!
The Skintific Mugwort Anti Pores and Acne Clay Mask Stick is designed for oily, acne prone babes, but as someone with normal to dry skin, depending on the type of weather we're having, my skin can get a little oily as well, and this is a bit of a fun mask to play around with! This is said to help fight acne, calm irritation and reduce inflammation, by including mugwort and salicylic acid in the formula. This is also meant to help reduce the appearance of pores, regulate sebum production and keep pores clear. Additionally, there's centella asiatica and niacinamide, and these are responsible for soothing the skin, helping to improve the skin barrier, while also encouraging healing, and promoting faster recovery from blemishes that crop up.
This is apparently suitable for those with sensitive skin or those with damaged skin barriers, as well as just about all skin types, but particularly for the babes who might be more prone to blemishes. This comes in a cute stick form, which, from my previous post about a stick mask, made by a different brand, being messier than you'd think it should be (you can find that post over here), this mask is actually more like what I thought they'd be in terms of being a little neater. I think it may be down to the texture of the mask itself actually being a little creamier and easier to spread.
The colour of the mask matches that of the casing itself - it's very much a matcha type of green, and I love that this is really easy to use, in that a few quick swipes over the skin can just about cover everything. Then, simply multitask while you mask, waiting for it to work it's magic, and you're done! This clay mask doesn't tend to dry down very much, and I love that it's easy to wash off. I don't find it to have an obvious scent, and I like using this when I feel like I've seen a few whiteheads cropping out, particularly around my nose.
I haven't noticed a massive difference to my skin since I started applying this, but I do feel like the whiteheads are maybe a little less prominent when they do show up. Overall, I like that my skin feels a little less congested and less oily. I can absolutely see myself finishing this tube! You can find Skintific products online, and at various Kbeauty retailers. Do you have a preferred mask stick?
Comments
Post a Comment