Review: Skin1004 Madagascar Centella Poremizing Quick Clay Stick Mask
Happy Monday to all the babes reading this! I don't know if anyone got out there this weekend, and managed to see the moon that we had, but wowzers! It was seriously impressive, and I kept waiting for weird things to happen at work, but it never did, so I think I may have to hold my breath for a bit until the other shoe drops at this point! It's such a superstition thing, but truly, it feels like whenever there's a full moon, it can get quite crazy at work, and for nothing to happen, well, that's rare! Thankfully, nothing crazy seems to happen with my skin at this point, so that's good at least!
Another thing that seems to help keep my skin the way it is would be the Skin1004 Madagascar Centella Poremizing Quick Clay Stick Mask, which I bought on a whim, and I'm glad I did! For those unfamiliar with Skin1004, this is a Kbeauty brand that is also known as Skin Angel, because 1004 in Korean sounds like the word for Angel, so you can say that this brand is great for giving you the skin of an angel, or it could be that this is a guardian angel for your skin. Either way, I'm a fan of the brand, and you can find my first post on Skin1004 over here.
The premise of the Madagascar Centella Poremizing Quick Clay Stick Mask is simple - this is designed as a convenient and easy, mess free way to deal with excess oil, blackheads and congested pores. This is meant to help draw out and remove impurities, while keeping the skin balanced, without drying it out. It's also meant to gently exfoliate the skin, while minimising whiteheads, and it's made ideally for babes with oily, combination and congested skin types. The base of this is a blend of five types of clay, including kaolin, bentonite, illite and montmorillonite clays, for improving the appearance of the pores, and there's also Centella Asiatica, of course, to help keep the skin calm and soothes, while supporting the skin barrier.
Additionally, there's red bean powder, which is great for exfoliating the skin and improving the skin texture, while there's also aloe leaf extract for soothing and hydrating the skin. All of this is crammed into stick form with a twist applicator, and to use it, simply pull the cap off, then left it glide over the skin. This leaves a thin layer of product with each swipe, and I concentrate on areas that can get a little oily and congested, such as around my nose. Then, I simply leave it on for five to ten minutes, depending on how much time I have, before rinsing it off.
While this is meant to be mess free, the one complaint I have is that the product does mash up and smear down the sides a bit with the pressure of putting this against the skin, so it's not entirely mess free, as it can spread around the inside of the cap and down the sides somewhat. The product is a pale pink, and easy to apply to the skin. I love that this has been helpful for the tricky regions around my nose and hairline. Sometimes, when I'm in a hurry and my nose has been feeling a little oilier than usual, I'd just put this around it for a bit and it helps to clear it up for me. It's particularly good for oily skin days, and this retails for about $39 for 27g of product on Adore Beauty, but you may be able to find it for cheaper than that at Korean beauty retailers. Is this something that you'd use?
Comments
Post a Comment