Review: Huda Beauty Icy Nude Faux Filler Lip Gloss
I know that we're halfway through August, but do you know what that means? It means that we're creeping ever closer to Spring! It means that the cold days will eventually die down, and the warmth will be trickling back in soon, building up until it floods into the world, and we can have long days and hot evenings and outdoor picnics again! If that doesn't tell you how much I love Summer, I don't know what would! I love that the world will be bringing back warmer days once more, and we can emerge from our Winter cocoons renewed! Isn't it nice that there's so much to look forward to?
It's also time to bring back one of my teenage loves, and that is the humble lip gloss! Much like the world of fashion, makeup can be very cyclical. It may come back in a similar form, but it could be a little changed, evolving over time. I remember a time when my lippies were all about glossy finishes, when I was going through my late teens/early twenties, then a massive wave of matte lipsticks came in and took over. Before long, you couldn't find a single glossy lippie in the stores, except for those made by brands catering to tweens, as a way to dazzle and entice them into the world of makeup.
It's been lovely seeing lip glosses make their way back into the makeup stands, from multiple brands, and these days, they do a lot more than just add a bit of shine to the lips. That said, the basis for it remains the same, and the Huda Beauty Icy Nude Faux Filler Lip Gloss ticks as lot of boxes on the list, but with a bit of an added twist. This is a combination of shine and shimmer, giving the lips that glassy, glossy ice-like appearance to the lips.
The Huda Beauty Icy Nude Faux Filler Lip Gloss comes in four available shades, and I got this in She Flirty, which is a nude, pinky shade that looks gorgeous in the clear tube. Sadly, it's considerably less pigmented out of the tube. This has an applicator that's easy to use, like a quite fat doe foot applicator, with a tapered tip to it, to help reach the tricky corners. Rather than wear it on it's own, I prefer to apply this over a lipstick to help give it that pop of shine. This lip gloss has a bit of a powdery vanilla scent to it, but it doesn't stick around for long.
This helps to give my lips a bit of a fuller appearance, and given that the formula contains multi-coloured micro-fine pearls, as well at vegan collagen and Vitamin E, this can help in smoothing the lips over and blurring fine lines, giving it a more polished finish. I really like that this doesn't have a particularly sticky feel to it, and it has a beautiful sheen to it. For $38 at Sephora, I'm not certain this is worth the price tag, but it is pretty. You can find it over here. What's your all time favourite lip gloss that you'd buy again and again?
Comments
Post a Comment