Review: Revlon Illuminance Eyeshadow Palette in Nude

If you're in Sydney this weekend, and reading this, I hope you're doing so in preparation for leaving the house to head to either the Cat Lovers' Festival, or the Dog Lovers' Festival, so that you can be knee deep in pet products, and amongst your people! I mean, what exactly is your excuse, if you're a pet owner, and in the city this weekend, and not headed there? Exactly, you don't have one! It's not too late, though, you can definitely still head there, especially if you're reading this at the time this post has been published. If you're not in Sydney, keep an eye out on social media, simply because there will be some really cute videos!

Speaking of cute, I get to talk about something that I haven't actually had the chance to chat about for a while, and that's eyeshadow! I mean, when was the last time I had a good natter about an eyeshadow palette? I was given the chance to play around with the Revlon Illuminance Eyeshadow Palette in Nude recently, and it's been such a blast! This particular palette is appropriate for babes with light to medium skin tones, much like mine, and there is another version available that's supposed to be better for babes with darker skin shades, so if this isn't quite for you, don't fret, because there's another you can certainly try!

This is a sweet little palette that comes in a clear case containing six different shades, split into three matte colours and three shimmer hues, so that you can mix and match them according to your mood, look or just whatever your heart desires. They are shades of beige/bronze/bronze, basically quiet nudes that work best for me as a daily look without being showy. To use this, I dab some eyeshadow primer on the lids before proceeding with one of the light matte shades over the entire lid. Then, I follow it up with a shimmer colour over the inner half of the lid, giving it a bit of a lift. Then, I place a darker shade on the outer half, before using a blending brush to get it to all come together.

To give my look a bit of a lift, like if I were heading out for that evening, or wanting a bit of extra something, I would use the darker shades in the palette for the look, then using my ring finger, I would dab a bit of a light shimmer hue onto the inner corners of my eyes, so that there's just a bit of extra sparkle. I love that the colours work so well together, and that they didn't add in any rogue colours, like a pop of green or purple, and that this really is just a simple nude palette for everyday wear. The other thing that I really appreciate about this is that they made the eyeshadow pans a decent size, so that you can get a variety of brushes to fit.

I remember having some very cute eyeshadow palettes with gorgeous shades, but they were made so that the pans were really narrow, limiting the kind of brushes you could use. When I was younger, I wasn't quite that fussy, but being older and time poor, it feels like a bit of a no brainer to have pans that allow for a quick dash across the lids with just about any brush. I will say that I wish these blended together a little better, but I am really pleased that there's not a lot of fallout, and I therefore don't have to clean up around the bridge of my nose at the end of my makeup routine, and it's just less messy overall. I've been using this for work on the daily, and I'm very pleased with how well it seems to work for me! This may also work well as part of someone's starter kit. This retails for about $32, but Revlon is fairly ubiquitous and can often be found on special/sale. Does this sound like a palette you'd use?

Comments

Popular Posts