Review: AHC Age Defense Real Eye Cream

 

I know that the billion step routine isn't for everyone, and that it's a lot of products you need to keep straight, and that it's simple to forget something on the list when there's so much on it. While I am a lazy girl by right, I also believe that targeting specific areas that you're concerned about is the way to go when it comes to skincare. As someone who always feels like they don't get enough sleep, no matter how much they try to get to bed early, I view eye cream as an absolutely essential product - so much so that I even pack a small one into my carry on whenever I get on a long haul flight!

 

I finished a tube of AHC Luminous Glow Real Eye Cream recently, and I really enjoyed using it, which was exactly why I jumped at the chance to try another eye cream from AHC, the Age Defense Real Eye Cream. This is said to be suitable for those looking to battle against wrinkles around the eyes, and this is meant to do so by helping it's absorption via the use of Ultrafine Micro Technology that helps breakdown ingredients into 1/300 of the size of pores. This results in particles that are so small that they can effectively deliver nutrients deep into the skin.

This has Goldpeptive, which is a peptide wrapped in gold and Power Gold Thread Complex, infused with an aesthetic technique used in clinics, helps nurture healthy skin. The Power Gold Thread Complex is made up of Gold Amino Acid, Gold Vitamin, Gold Collagen and Gold Hyaluronic Acid. Overall, the formula contains 100ppm of pure gold to help moisturise and refresh the skin. In combination, these are meant to help in improving collagen synthesis, and keep your skin looking good.

 

To keep going with the gold theme, this comes in a firm gold tube with a pump that has a clear cap. One push of the pump sends just the right amount of cream onto the fingertip. I tap my ring fingers together to help distribute the cream evenly, before patting it into the skin. This has quite a thick consistency, and it thins out nicely as you work it into the skin. While it's meant to smell like cucumber, I don't feel like I can catch a whiff of it at all.

I appreciate that this does seem to help with keeping the skin moisturised and plumper, helping to keep the fine lines at bay a little bit. However, I do need an eye cream that can also help tackle dark eye circles, and unfortunately, this isn't it. If your primary concern is that your skin under the eyes looks dry and in need of nurturing, this is a good option! This retails for $45 for 40 ml of product, which is quite generous, and AHC is available at Priceline - you can find this eye cream over here.

Comments

Popular Posts