Review: Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Retinol Serum

 
As you very well know (or don't, if you're new to the blog), Neutrogena does some of my favourite bits of hydrating skincare, namely their Hydroboost range, given that I've tried plenty from that collection, going from their sunscreen to their night cream. However, due to some weird twist of fate, it would appear that I've never reviewed any of their serums on the blog before, which is very odd, but I can at least right that wrong today by talking about the Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Retinol Serum!

 

This is designed to work well for the novice retinol user, and by that, I mean this is perfect for someone looking to break into the retinol scene, and has had very little experience with this particular active ingredient. It is meant to help with reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, while also smoothing skin, so that you can be left with more youthful looking radiant skin.

 


It contains 0.05% pure retinol, which does most of the heavy lifting when it comes to dealing with wrinkles, fine lines, dullness and dark spots, as well as hyaluronic acid, which helps to draw moisture into the skin, resulting in plumper, softer and smoother skin. There is also the addition of a glucose complex, which is supposed to help accelerate skin surface activity, while also reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles as well. The formula includes skin-nourishing emollients to help mitigate skin irritation, which is a known side effect the retinol.

Retailing for $45 for 29 ml of product, this is delivered in a silver tube with a removable cap, which houses a pump that pushes out a good amount of serum each time. I find that it takes me about two pumps to cover my face, neck and decolletage, and this has what starts out as almost a cream consistency, which then thins out beautifully to the point where there is barely any product that you can feel on the skin.

 

I really appreciate that this has a feather light formula, so that it doesn't actually sit on the skin, and instead, gets absorbed in very little time. However, I feel like the percentage of retinol that's included in the serum is actually quite low, particularly for someone who isn't new to retinol, and as such, I don't feel like this does as much for me as I'd like for this to. My skin does look well maintained, but the fine lines don't look  particularly diminished, unfortunately. That said, I can totally understand the appeal of this for those who haven't had as much exposure to retinol as I've had. This is currently available where Neutrogena is sold, including Priceline and Chemist Warehouse. What was the last Neutrogena product you tried?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts