Review: Skin Virtue Pure Exfoliating Mask

 

Sometimes, my idea of starting the week strong is to stay in bed, resting up after the big week that's just happened, while looking to gear up for another big one ahead. Long weekends give me just the opportunity to do that, as gym classes are cancelled then, and it forces me to stay in bed, rather than getting up at 6 AM for work, or 5 AM for a workout - bliss! And of course, what better time to put a mask on than when you're having a slow paced sort of day?

 

I've been finishing up the Skin Virtue Pure Exfoliating Mask, and I have to say, this gentle mask has been a joy to use! It's meant to be help purify, hydrate and soothe the skin, while also helping to remove dead skin cells, and increase cell turnover, so that you can get skin that is smoother, with better skin tone and texture. Aside from being a mask that you can apply twice a week, this also has the added bonus of being a scrub that you can use daily. 

 

This comes in a white tube that has black lettering, and the flip lid allows for really easy access. What comes out of it is a white, gritty, creamy mask that doesn't feel gritty on my skin, and I love how easy it is to spread over the skin. This contains pumice powder, which is a natural exfoliating agent, while panthenol, which is vitamin B5,  acts as a humectant to help keep the skin hydrated. The addition of sage extract and bisabolol from chamomile can aid in soothing the skin and helping to keep it calm. There is also squalene, which can help with maintaining the skin barrier and function. 

I love how easy this one is to use - just a quick squeeze of the tube and five seconds spent spreading this over the skin so that it's covered by a thin layer of product, and away you go! After a few minutes, when this mask has been mostly absorbed by the skin, you can start massaging it into the skin  by using your fingertips to work it in circular motions, then you can rinse it off with some warm water. 

 

This leaves me with smooth, hydrated skin that is lovely to touch, and I love that this isn't a messy product to use. My preference is to use it as a mask for when I need that little bit of a pick me up for the skin. Sitting at only $68 for 75 ml of product, this is quite an affordable product, and if you're after a more information on it, you can find it over at their website here, or via Adore Beauty. Have you tried anything from Skin Virtue before?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts