Brand Focus: Milani

Ok, let's be honest - we all know that skincare is the building blocks that make up the foundation of how you look, and provides the canvas on which your makeup sits. However, if you're anything like me, make up is what got most of us into skincare and other cosmetic products in the first place. Who here really got into makeovers and playing around with makeup at a young age? I know, me too! Aside from learning how to navigate clown mouth as I got older, I also learned to appreciate makeup, particularly budget friendly brands that do great products, such as Milani!

 

I can remember when I used to load up on Milani every time I was in North America, prior to it hitting our shores here in Australia, and the sheer amount of time I spent in front of the stands, flipping through all the shades and products! I have some of the best associations with the brand! It has one of my all time favourite drugstore blushes, which is of course Luminoso, and I'm also a huge fan of their Anti-Gravity Mascara. It still delights me to see Milani land on the desk, as it did so recently!

 

I was excited to receive four different products to try out, so let's talk through everything that I was sent! To kick it off, I'd like to talk about their blushes, because it's the first thing that I fell in love with from the brand, and therefore the one product that I'm most passionate about. I will say this - as much as I love Luminoso, you really can't go wrong with any of their blushes! I received this in Dolce Pink, which is a vibrant pink shade that works well on me, particularly when I'm tanned. This is a very reasonable $19.99 and you can find it in 7 colours.

I also got their Baked Bronzer in Dolce, which is a beautiful, just walked off a sandy beach on a sunny day sort of glow, and I'm totally living for it right now! I love dusting this lightly over my cheekbones and scapula for a bit of that sunkissed glow, which is really going to help me fake it till I make it when I get to Hawaii later this year! It's only $21.99 for a product that is of quite a decent size. Included in the package, I found the Conceal + Perfect Longwear Concealer in Light Vanilla, which I've yet to try, but I'm excited about, because I recently finished my concealer, so this is a welcome addition to my rotation! This retail for $24.99. and comes in 8 shades.

Last, but not least, I also received the Make It Last Setting Spray, which comes in a clear bottle that has an easy to remove cap, and contains 60 ml of product. I love that this is a large enough size for daily use, but also small enough that travelling with this isn't a silly idea. I'm currently putting this through the paces, but from what I've seen, it's certainly promising, so stay tuned! At $23.99, this wouldn't break the bank. Milani is currently available in Australia at Priceline, so thank you, Priceline! All this, and I haven't even mentioned their lip products yet, so perhaps there's room for a separate feature in the future! What's your favourite Milani product?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts