Review: Me&My Free Soul Extravagance Volumising Shampoo and Conditioner

I know it sounds like a silly thing to be obsessed with, but I love washing my hair! There's just something so wonderfully cathartic about coming home at the end of a long and exhausting day, taking my makeup off, then standing beneath a steaming hot waterfall to help wash all my thoughts away - it's just fantastic! And of course, on top of all that, when I get the chance to wash my hair, I'm rewarded with a soothed, clean scalp and hair that is free of oil, and slips through my fingers with ease. Perhaps I'm overthinking it, but it's the little things in life, right?

 

It still thrills me to try out new hair care duos, because I'm always looking for that next big thing, and by that, I mean I really want my hair to be big, big big! I was sent the Free Soul Extravagance Volumising Shampoo and Conditioner, which is made for those with fine hair in need of volume, bounce and shine, so that you can have bigger, fuller hair that doesn't feel heavy. This duo contains a plumping polymer that can help increase body and bounce, while there is also orchid extract and light illuminators to add that shine.

 

The addition of cehami extract can help with sun protection, and this is also oil free to prevent the hair from feeling weighed down. They come in tall dark cylindrical bottles that have a push down lid that makes it easy to get the product out, but conversely, also manages to retain a fair bit of water from the shower head. I like that the shampoo lathers up really nicely, and that it does a good job of cleansing the hair, and this doesn't dry out my hair.

 

The conditioner is thick without being clumpy, and I like that this smooths over the strands of my hair easily without simply gathering in just one area. Once I wash it out, I find my hair to have a little bit of bounce to it, which I appreciate, but the ends of my strands still seem to be a little dehydrated, unfortunately. That said, though, I really like that this doesn't leave the roots of my hair feeling greasy, heavy and weighed down.

Thankfully, there's also a bottle of Angel Magic Moisture, which is a leave-in conditioner, that can help the hair stay moisturised. The shampoo and conditioner retail for just under $30 each, at 300 ml per bottle, while the Angel Magic Moisture sits at around $32. If you're after something to help with adding a bit of shine to your tresses, then you can consider getting the Angel Magic Moisture with the Silky Soul Power Shot Energy Treatment, which, as duo, would only be about $42. Head on over to their website if you're keen to know about the brand! Are you about volume or shine?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts