Review: Summer Fridays CC Me Serum

 

I find a good serum to be one of the most important weapons in my skincare artillery, and it's not hard to see why. While all the other bits and bobs of skincare target specific regions, such as eye cream, which is meant to help a particular region with problems such as dark eye circles, puffy skin and fine lines, your serum can be tailored so that you pick the right active ingredient to help tackle whatever skin issue you may be looking to fix. 

 

I tend to gravitate towards the same active ingredient quite often, and this time, I've gone for my old friend, Vitamin C, with comes with a bonus, the humble Niacinamide. Summer Fridays has previously been featured on the blog, with their Jetlag Mask, Overtime Mask and of course, their Pool Time Glowing Body Oil. Hence, I was quite keen to try their CC Me Serum, which promised to be a super-potent Vitamin C and Niacinamide Serum designed to help brighten and improve skin tone and texture, as well as reducing the appearance of dark spots and hyperpigmentation.

 

This serum is vegan and cruelty-free, and it's also meant to help exfoliate, while firming, the skin. The Vitamin C is supposed to target dark spots, while also providing antioxidant protection, so that it can help fight against the havoc wreaked by environmental pollutants and dehydration. The addition of squalene helps to keep the skin better moisturised, which can preserve the skin's natural glow, while also providing protection again free radicals. Of course, the niacinamide can help to improve the skin's barrier function, as well as preventing the appearance of pigmentation.

 

This comes in an opaque glass bottle, which is good for preventing the accelerated breakdown of the active ingredients, but tricky to assess how much I actually have left. The white cap is easy to pull off, but also has a decent seal once it's placed back on. The pump gives out a decent amount with each push, and I find two pumps to be almost too much. The serum doesn't have a discernible scent to it, and I love that this is an easy serum for the skin to absorb.

 

I find this to work well on my skin in terms of helping it keep it's glow, so that my skin can remain looking dewy and radiant throughout the onslaught of environmental aggressors that seem to crop up at this time of the year. However, it hasn't done much for the appearance of pigmentation, and while I do love that my skin is continuing to look bright, I was really hoping it would do something more for the hyperpigmentation. Available at Mecca for $113, this serum is good, but not amazing on my skin. Have you tried it before?

Comments

Popular Posts