Review: ACTIVEAUSSIE Skincare Powerful Lightweight Daily Eye Cream

 

I don't know if it's just me, but sometimes, I find products that I end up liking out of the blue. I mean, it's like when things just fall into my lap, you know? For example, a few months back, I attended a little soiree for one of my favourite Aussie singers, Amber Lawrence, who has some really fantastic country songs, and she always has such an upbeat attitude, and it was a birthday bash of sorts, but the attendees were the ones that walked away with presents in the form of adult party bags! 

 

I was lucky enough to find the ACTIVEAUSSIE Skincare Powerful Lightweight Daily Eye Cream nestled in mine, and not a moment too soon, because my eye cream was just about to run out! Touted to help brighten skin and fight premature ageing, this eye cream is meant to protect the skin from pollution, deal with dark circles and rehydrate the skin, all while smoothing fine lines and boosting collagen production.

 

There are three main ingredients in this that are responsible for the above, with the first of which being rosehip oil. Rosehip oil has retinoids in it, and these can help brighten the skin, while reducing inflammation and preventing the formation of blackheads. It also has linoleic acid, which can help prevent acne and combat pimples. The addition of macadamia oil means the inclusion of oleic acid, linoleic acid and palmitoleic acid, which are omegas 9, 6 and 7 respectively. These can help to moisturise, regenerate and soften the skin, while also strengthening the skin's barrier function, reducing water loss and inflammation. 

 

Provitamin B5 can help the skin heal, while protecting it, and it can also soothe irritated skin, such as pain and itching. All that is crammed into a slim, glossy yellow tube with a pull off lid, and a little pump that has a small opening. While it works well, I find that given the combination of the placement of the nozzle, pump and texture of of the eye cream, the product, when coming out of the tube, sometimes ends up just under the nozzle, so it gets squished when you push the pump down, which feels like a structural flaw. Perhaps it would be better to simply have a straight nozzle without a pump?

 

That said, though, while the packaging isn't my favourite for the delivery of the product, the product itself is really solid, and I don't mean that in the textural sense. Two pumps work well for me, and I love that the cream is quite light, and it doesn't take long for this to be absorbed. It's surprisingly hydrating for something so light, and it does seem to help with the appearance of fine lines. As for dark circles, I'm afraid it's no match for them, but otherwise, it's an excellent eye cream, and a great random find! It makes me want to try out more products from ACTIVEAUSSIE! For $42, you can grab your own over here. Does this sound like something you'd use?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts