Review: Avene Xeracalm Nutrition Shower Cream and Moisturising Balm

The weather has been a real mixed bag lately, with the intermittent showers, the sideways storms, and the drying temperatures. As a result of this, my skin has felt a little bit of everything, and it has been dry to being a little tacky, and somewhat itchy. Fun, right? Thankfully, for days when my skin seems to have a mind of it's own, and much like my cat, can't decide what it wants, Avene is around to help me bring it back to it's baseline.

 

Avene is one of those brands that I reach for when my skin has been getting irritated, or has flared up from environmental aggressors, whether that's the current climate, or as a result of coming into contact with things like pollen. Avene is just the rest that my skin needs during trying times, helping to resolve the inflammation and irritation that can otherwise become more extreme if left unchecked. I've been trying out the Xeracalm Nutrition Shower Cream and Moisturising Balm, and my skin has been feeling better for it.

 

The Xeracalm Nutrition Shower Cream is a lovely, peachy coloured shower cream that has a biodegradable formula that is made up of 99% ingredients of natural origin, and while it doesn't feel heavy, like some of the other shower creams I've tried, this actually does leave my body feeling quite well moisturised and cleansed, at the same time. This has a pretty, but light, scent, and it leaves my skin feeling so smooth and lovely. For those who balk at using regular shower gels, but find other shower creams to be a bit too heavy for them, this can be considered to be a happy medium

I have been following it up with the Xeracalm Moisturising Balm, which has been helping me battle the skin conditions that follow the emergence o the cold and dry weather, such as the occasional scaly patch and the accompanying tightness of the skin. This moisturising balm is supposed to help protect against skin dryness by providing immediate and long lasting hydration, soothing feelings of skin tightness, while nourishing it, resulting in an improvement to the appearance of the skin. It's also supposed to improve the skin barrier.

 

Given the claims, it wouldn't be far fetched to think that this might be thick and gluggy, but in fact, this has a non-greasy texture, which results in it getting absorbed rapidly, which I was impressed by. You're supposed to be able to use this on all age groups, from infants and children to adults, and it can be used on both the face and the body. I like that this doesn't have a scent to it, and I appreciate the versatility of the product, making it a great body balm for the whole family. Do you have a particular Avene product that you have as a staple on your shopping list?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts