Review: Isntree Real Mugwort Clay Mask

Face masks - where would my skin be without them? Frankly, I don't want to know! I mean, why would you? My skin is GREAT, and while I know that my genetics (thanks, mummy!) can form a large part of why it is really this fantastic, I'm also aware that everything I heap on my skin has contributed to how it looks now. And yes, I know that it sounds like I'm boasting, but after years of going, oh no, this old thing? I've decided that it's really time to step up and flaunt it, because, after all, I've got it!

 

I also have the Isntree Real Mugwort Clay Mask, which is currently the best thing at keeping my skin blemish free. As you probably know, face masks are my favourite way to perk up the skin, that extra something hiding in your arsenal give your skin a boost when it's needed. I find that my needs vary according to the time of year, and the Isntree Real Mugwort Clay Mask has been fabulous for  keeping my skin clear. 

 

This mask contains six kinds of cleansing clays - kaolin, bentonite, ilite, montmorillonite, calcite and Canadian colloidal clay. This also has 50, 000 ppm of Ganghwa medicinal mugwort extract, as well as botanical extracts to help rid the skin of impurities and excessive sebum, while also keeping the skin moisturised. This exfoliates the skin with mugwort leaf powder and red bean powder, and the mask is also meant to help soothe the skin, protecting it from environmental stressors. 

 

This green mask comes in a translucent tube with a flip lid, which is also a hint of green. This is quite thick initially, with a gritty, creamy texture, but it spreads over the skin nicely. Despite being a clay mask (with six different kinds of clay!), this doesn't actually dry down completely, like most of the others I've tried. While it does dry down a little bit, it doesn't lead to the tightening of the skin, and I love that this never feels like it dries out my skin, like certain other clay based masks can. 

 

I keep the mask on my skin for 15 minutes before washing it off. My skin feels refreshed, smooth and rejuvenated after using it, and I really appreciate that this seems to be keeping my skin blemish free. This may be one of my favourite clay based face masks yet! Sitting at around $33, this face mask is currently available on Beauty Amora, and if you'd like a further discount, you can use my affiliate code, BEAUCAT, to get that price down. What's your preferred type of face mask?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts