Review: Anua Heartleaf 77% Soothing Toner

I have felt, for a long time now, that toners truly are the unsung heros of the skincare world. I talk to a lot of people regularly, and the number of times that people don't use, or have even heard, of toners, is just surprising. Just about everyone uses a cleanser (but don't get me started on the whole exfoliant vs cream vs gel cleanser debate), as well as a moisturiser, and I even one person the other day who asked me what the point of a serum was *stage gasp*, but when you say the word toner, it's almost like speaking a foreign language sometimes.

 

I've been using the Anua Heartleaf 77% Soothing Toner, and I'm not saying that this is the main reason that my skin is looking this good at the moment, but I do feel like it's partially responsible for why I got complimented on my skin the other day when I was having a makeover - Kbeauty is really having it's moment on my dresser, and I'm so here for it! 

 

The Anua Heartleaf 77% Soothing Toner has been formulated with 77% Houttuynia Cordata Extract (also known as Heartleaf, hence the name), which is steeped in antioxidants and polysaccharides, and this can help soothe sensitive skin, while also protecting it from environmental irritants. It's supposed to also have quite calming properties, as well as acting as an anti-inflammatory and having anti-bacterial abilities. This has a slightly acidic formula, so that it can also help maintain the oil balance of the skin.

 

It also contains ingredients like sugarcane extract, grape fruit extract, apple fruit extract and centella asiatica extract, among other things. This comes in a clear, tall plastic bottle with a screw cap, and has a very minimalistic look to it with a white label that has writing in black. Using this is simple - remove the cap, tip a small amount of this onto a pad (my preference is for a reusable one over a cotton round) or the palm of your hand, then pat this into the skin.

 

This doesn't leave my skin feeling tingly or uncomfortable. Instead, this feels quite soothing on the skin, and I love that it hasn't caused any irritation to the skin, and that it leaves my face feeling fresh and clear and ready for the next step in my skincare routine. This is currently available on Beauty Amora for about $27 for 250 ml of product, and you can find it over here. For a discount, remember to use my affiliate code BEAUCAT! What is your favourite toner?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts