Review: Summer Fridays Overtime Mask

Are you ever seized with that urge to buy something new, from a brand that you've never tried before? Late one night, while I was casually browsing the internet (read: window shopping), I came across Summer Fridays on Mecca's website. While Summer Fridays has been discussed on social media for a while, I personally didn't have anything to do with the brand up until then. My penchant to shop overtook me, and before I knew it, I was forking a cool $70 over for a brand new mask that I had no idea about.

Some background - this is a clarifying mask that is meant to brighten your complexion by exfoliating and hydrating the skin. This utilises pumpkin primarily for the above, as well as apricot seed powder as another mild exfoliant to help get rid of dead skin cells. Oat kernel protein lends it's anti-irritant and anti-inflammatory properties to the mix, helping to ensure that the skin is left both soft and soothed. The Overtime Mask is also packed with vitamins E, A, K and C,  helping to fight off free radicals while treating the skin to some much needed TLC.

I love using this mask for when my skin is feeling a little dull, or when it just feels like it needs a bit of buffing.This comes in a gold tube with a tiny cap that you have to unscrew, which can be a little fiddly to take off and put back on. The mask itself is yellow and gritty, but not rough - it actually reminds me of mustard. All you have to do is rub this around on your skin in rotational strokes as you apply it, then leave it for 10 minutes before washing it off.

Once washed off, I'm left with skin that is softer, and feels less congested (take that, pores!). I do wish that this added more luminosity to the skin, however, but having skin that is mildly brighter is better than nothing. On my skin, I find this to be a good mask, but perhaps not as great as I'd like for it to be. I don't regret my purchase, but I don't know that I would add this to my cart again.

If you're after a tube of this for yourself, you can find it over here. I do think that I'll be grabbing the Jet Lag mask at some point, though, because I've seen it do the rounds so much that I think I've now been conditioned to want my own! Have you tried any Summer Fridays products before? Which one would you recommend?

Comments

Popular Posts