First Impressions: Sukin Overnight Reset Oil and Barrier Balancing Serum

 

I'm constantly in the pursuit of finding new serum products and oils to play with, because I get to justify my purchases by saying that I'm taking one for the team and trying them out so that you don't have to fork out your money without having someone road test it first, but let's be honest for a moment - we all know that it's because I just want to give it a shot! Still, if it means that we all get to learn something new, I'm all for it. That said, I'm very grateful when I get to save my pennies, and I get sent some fun mail, such as this sweet little package from Sukin!

Sukin is a brand that we're all familiar with, I'm sure! Over the years, I have used countless products from them - we're talking anything from masks to body lotions to face creams, and everything else in between. In fact, you can read all about some of these products over here, here and here. Today, we're talking about something that we haven't discussed before on the blog, and that's the Natural Actives Serum Range from Sukin! For anyone who might need a bit of background on the brand, they are Australian made, vegan, cruelty free, and they also carbon offset.

 

The range was previously made up of the Hydrating Serum, Brightening Serum and Pro-Collagen Serum. The Hydrating Serum has hyaluronic acid, polyglutamic acid and Australian hibiscus in it to help hydrate and preserve moisture levels, while the Brightening Serum is an oil based serum that contains vitamin C and borage and flaxseed oil to assist in hydrating and supporting skin barrier function. The Pro-Collagen Serum is made up of tri-peptides, acai berry, vegan squalene, kangaroo paw flower and hyaluronic acid to help improve skin tone, texture and clarity, while also reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

 

Their new additions are the Barrier Balancing Serum and Overnight Reset Oil. The Barrier Balancing Serum aims to repair, hydrate and reduce redness of skin. This contains niacinamide, radish root extract and ashwagandha, and this comes in a little pump bottle, which makes it easy to get the serum out. I love that this has a nice thin consistency, and while this has a slightly herbal scent to it, it disappears just about as quickly as it comes. While it is early days when it comes to using this, I do like the concept of a barrier enhancing serum, and I feel like it would be advantageous for me to use this in conjunction with the other active containing products that I currently have in my skincare routine.

 

The Overnight Reset Oil is meant to help moisturise, hydrate and plump skin. Rich in antioxidants to help battle those pesky free radicals, this has vitamin E, jojoba oil and pumpkin seed oil in it, blended to improve moisture retention and condition the skin. This has a nice, light texture, and doesn't leave the skin feeling greasy or too oily. I love that my skin seems to like what it's tried so far, in that my skin feels moisturised and soft. This comes in a dropper bottle, and I love that the price is the same across the board for all five products - they are all $35 each, for 30 ml of product. Which would you go for first?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts