Review: Sukin Micellar Cleansing Water


I never thought I'd find a polarising product from Sukin, but it would appear that their Micellar Cleansing Water has people split into two camps on their website. On one side, you have the people who love it, and on the other end of the scale, there are those who find that it doesn't work well, and may have reacted to the product.
Thankfully, I have positive feelings towards this product, but this is a prime example of why people blog and do reviews - we all know that it's different for everyone, but it doesn't hurt to see what others think!


Firstly, this micellar cleansing water retails for $10.95 for 250 ml, and was so well loved in 2017 that it won Best Micellar Water at the Best In Beauty Awards on Beautyheaven. With ingredients such as aloe vera for moisturising the skin and chamomile and cucumber for hydrating and calming the skin, I find this to work really well at removing my makeup, and it feels as innocuous as water on my face - less drying, even. 

I like that it also takes off most of my makeup, and I enjoy that even most of my mascaras come off with very little effort. Overall, this does what the label says it should. As someone with pretty hardy skin that has occasional eczema flare ups, I can proudly say that this hasn't caused any tingling or discomfort to my skin.


That said, this appears to be the gripe for some people who are trying this, as some people have experienced tingling and reacted to this. My only personal gripe with this is that it falters when it comes up against waterproof mascaras, even when I've spent a minute pressing a soaked cotton pad against my eyelids.


Overall, this is nothing that will really revolutionise the beauty world, but this has been a welcome addition to my makeup counter, so that I can take the day off. If you're interested in trying this for yourself, pop into your local Priceline to pick one up!

What has been the ultimate polarising product? What have you loved that others didn't?

Comments

Popular Posts