Review: Australis Fresh and Flawless Foundation


How long has it been since I did a foundation review? I honestly don't know, and that is actually surprising. Thankfully, it's Australis to the rescue today, and I am ready to talk about their new Fresh and Flawless Foundation, which has been a regular feature on the dresser table for the last few weeks.


If the words 'Australis' and 'Fresh and Flawless' sound familiar when put in the same sentence together, you're definitely not off the mark - there is a pressed powder by Australis with the same name, which is actually Priceline's number one selling pressed powder. 


This foundation comes in a plastic bottle that contains 30 ml of product, and it has a tapered nozzle, making it easy to pour the foundation out in a trickle. The selling point of this base product is the amount of coverage that you can get with, despite this being a very light, very fluid foundation. The question is - does it actually deliver?


For $19.95, it absolutely does! I will say that I have applied this foundation with three different things - fingers, brush and beauty blender - and it does affect the finish. I found it hard to blend out with fingers, despite my fingers being the warmest applicator, which I thought would let it 'melt' somewhat better. The brush, my favourite way to apply my foundation most of the time, actually made it a little patchy on me, disappointingly. 


The beauty blender was the real winner when it came to creating a flawless base with this. Dab, dab, dab and voila - absolute magic! Light on the skin, with incredible coverage, exactly as advertised! This wears well throughout the day, doesn't separate on the skin, and amazingly, holds up under exposure to all the elements of the outside world. I'm super impressed by this foundation - it's pretty spectacular for it's price, and it also doesn't oxidise, so I'm the same shade, as long as I wear it. 


This foundation has SPF 15, and vitamins C and E included as part of the formula, so it can love your skin as much as you do! Available now at Priceline, it will also arrive in store at Big W and Kmart in a few weeks. It's a two thumbs up from me for coverage and formula - make sure you try it yourself!

What's your favourite Australis product? Have you tried any of their base products before?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts