Review: Rimmel Lasting Finish 35 Hour Foundation

 

Imagine this - it's a Monday (which it is!), and you're hitting the ground running from the moment you place your feet on the cold floor from the cosy warmth of your bed. You're up, taking the first sip of that coffee to help unscramble your brains from the sleep that you were deep in, and you're about to hit the shower so you can get dressed and ready for a big day ahead. Once you're done with that, you settle down at your dresser and you start with your primer, followed by your base. You want to make sure that it lasts all day, because you've got a jam packed schedule and you've got so much going on, the last thing you want to worry about is how your face is holding up.

 

Thankfully, the Rimmel Lasting Finish 35 Hour Foundation now exists, so that your makeup look can! Available in 34 shades, which is a decent range for a drugstore foundation, this is touted to be Rimmel's most hydrating long-wear foundation. Perfect for those looking for a medium to full coverage foundation, this also has added ingredients to make it a skin loving product, helping to keep the complexion radiant, while also being a cruelty free and vegan formula.

 

This promises up to 35 hours of wear and a natural finish, and it contains SPF 20, as well as having hyaluronic acid and vitamin E infused in the formula, in addition to 2% niacinamide. It is meant to be a breathable formula, and said to be waterproof, crease resistant, transfer resistant and apparently also sleep proof, although I would always say that you need to remove your makeup before hitting the hay, so there's no need to find out about that one!

 

The foundation comes in packaging that is cohesive with the rest of the brand - a glass bottle with a pump and a red pull off cap. It allows me to get out just the right amount of product, as I tend to prefer my base product on the lighter side, and using my foundation brush, I blend this into my skin. I find this relatively easy to work with, and the formula allows me to build it up a bit if I'd rather have more coverage. I love that this does leave my skin looking a little more glowy, giving it a bit of life and luminosity.

 

I have found this to be transfer resistant - given that I do wear a white jacket at work, it's been pretty good at staying on my skin and not my clothes. I do like that this is also quite crease resistant, in that I don't find it to have that crepie appearance on the skin, and while I can't speak for how waterproof this might be, I will say that I find it hard to take off my fingers when I've had the need to blend it in with them. For just under $30, this is a reliable drugstore foundation for those seeking more coverage, and something I can definitely recommend.

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts