Review: Joico Youth Lock Shampoo, Conditioner, Treatment Masque and Blowout Creme

 

I am obsessed with colouring my hair and the general pursuit of keeping it happy. I mean, I probably don't look like I am, given how much torture I seem to put it through, but holy moley, I love it - the colour, how it completes a look and simply just how it makes me feel. It's just such a balancing act with making sure that it doesn't get all sad and dull after that I've done to, and with, it. With that in mind, I have been making more of a concerted effort to treat my hair with a bit more loving care, and Joico's latest range, their Youth Lock collection, has been helping with that! 

 

Their message is simple - the range aims to help restore a youthful-looking bounce, shine and manageability to the hair, while also reducing hair fall. There is a total of four products in the collection, and these all have a coral and silver colour theme. Beginning with the shampoo, this comes in a tube shaped bottle that makes it easy to get the shampoo out. The opening can be found once you lean on one end of the cap, levering it up. This has a medium consistency, and it lathers up quite nicely. I feel like this has a bit of an amber scent, which doesn't last for long.

 

I follow this up with the conditioner, which comes in a lean tube that has a flip lid. A generous squeeze of this releases a decent amount of this, which spreads really nicely over the hair. I find that washing it out does result in my tresses feeling smoother and softer, even while it's wet. When I want to kick things up a notch, say, when my hair has been feeling a little dry and unloved, I give it a boost with the treatment masque, which also comes in a tube, but this is a little shorter and fatter than the one the conditioner comes in. 

 

The treatment masque is easy to use - just pop it into your wet hair and keep it on for 2 - 5 minutes before rinsing it out. This isn't heavy on the hair, and I like that it does result in my strands looking bouncy and flouncy, which I love! And of course, to round it out, there's also the blowout creme! This comes in a bottle with a pump that you twist from side to side to lock and unlock it. I've been using about 4 pumps for my hair length, and I really like how this does keep my hair feeling smoother. This isn't heavy on my hair, and I love that it doesn't leave it greasy.

The one thing that it doesn't seem to help with when it comes to my hair is that there is still a fair bit of fall out, but otherwise, I feel like this has been pretty good at keeping it bouncy and shiny. The formula contains collagen, which is what is helpful for the shine factor and keeping the hair hydrated, while the buriti oil, steeped in antioxidants and vitamins A and E, cam help to rejuvenate dry and full hair. This also has Smartrelease Technology, which is a one of a kind lipsome delivery system, which is meant to help protect hair from the effects of daily styling. For more information on Joico, make sure that you click on this link.

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

  1. you have reviewd it very well did you try it on your hair? i have dry hair and itching scalp women fertility supplement online in pakistan
    anti aging eye cream online in pakistan
    best anti aging serum in pakistan will give it a try to this hair care product

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts