Review: Tom Ford Soleil Blanc Shimmering Body Oil

 

Can you feel Summer being just around the corner? I mean, let's be honest, it's been sneaking up for a little bit, so it's not a total surprise, but man, I love Summer! Sadly, I won't be here to truly appreciate all of it in it's glory at this point just yet, but I can look forward to coming back to somewhere warm once I'm done traversing through the dark, cold depths of Europe and Scandinavia! At least I've been able to enjoy some of the warmer weather, with added glitter!

 

And by that, I mean I've been covering my body in glitter from the Tom Ford Soleil Blanc Shimmering Body Oil, which has been instrumental in keeping my body moisturised, even as the humid days have been not so fun for moisturising with body lotion. Being a big Tom Ford fan, which is difficult when my ginger beer budget doesn't stretch that far, I was keen to give this a try when I saw this on the Mecca website, and wanted to try something pretty!

 

Sitting at around $175 for 100 ml of product, this comes in a sleek, beautiful glass bottle with a gold pull off cap and a pump that sprays out a small amount of oil with each push. Given the cost of this, you certainly wouldn't want to be running through it quickly, which makes sense for why there's only so much that comes out with each pump. To make sure that you get a good mix of the shimmer, which is made up of gold and platinum leaf, that comes in the bottle, make sure you shake it up a little before application.

This is simply beautiful and well worth the price tag. It combines the heady notes of bergamot with ylang ylang of the Comoros Islands, as well as cardamom oil orpur and pistachio accord, in addition to benzoin extract orpur and coco de mer accord. I'm not sure I could pick the last three scent notes specifically, but I can  tell you that the fragrance is so very gorgeous! This will leave you covered in a mix of creamy white florals and amber/sandalwood, with a hint of spice.

The oil is a very light, and feels like a whisper on the skin within seconds of application. It is very much a dry oil, which makes it very comfortable for the user once its on the skin, seeing as it doesn't leave much of a trace, aside from the shimmer resting on the skin, leaving the body glowing with a sunkissed, been on holiday appearance. For that little something extra for your skin this Summer, you can head over here to Mecca.

Comments

Popular Posts