Review: Tallow Bar Face and Body Balm

I'm currently trying to fit as much into my life as physically and mentally (and emotionally, phew!) possible, and part of that entails me fitting things into a my suitcase ahead of my upcoming trip in a bid to see what would actually be able to go into it. Keeping travel and my suitcase space in mind, and as someone who is constantly looking for that next clever thing, or that fabulous multi-use all rounder, it's my pleasure to introduce my new find and friend, the Tallow Bar Face and Body Balm!

 

Now, I feel like the word tallow in the name should be enough of a tip off to everyone, but in case you missed it, the main ingredient in this face and body balm comes from Australian grass-finished suet beef tallow, which means that this isn't a vegan product. This has been hand-crafted with other natural ingredients to help nourish the skin, including organic cocoa butter, organic beeswax, as well as cold-pressed organic golden jojoba oil. 

 

This is touted to be a skincare staple and general multi-tasker that can do plenty of things, including helping skincare issues, particularly things like dry and flaky skin, soothing sunburn and cuts, as well as assisting in keeping the skin hydrated. You're also supposed to be able to use this on both your face and your body, and you can can also apply it on acne, eczema, psoriasis and stretch marks, just to name a few things it can be placed on.

 

The one thing to keep in mind is that given that this is a saturated fat, the consistency of this will depend on the ambient temperature. This means that in cooler weather, this will be quite firm, and you'd have to scrape it out of the tin a little bit more and warm it up between your fingertips before being able to spread it over the skin, and when it gets warmer, you'd find that this to be softer and more malleable. If it's too soft, and that's not to your liking, you can also place it into the fridge to help firm it up a bit. 

This comes housed in a metal tin, and when I first tried this, it was definitely cooler, so I had to work a bit to get it out, but once it's out, it's easy to work into the skin. This is surprisingly light, and I love that this doesn't leave my skin feeling particularly oily or greasy. I started off using this on areas that needed a bit of extra loving, such as my elbows and knees, then moved onto the under nose/above lip area that suffers the most during the high pollen season, and that's where it's at it's best - working it's magic on a sad, rough piece of skin. It's a lovely product, and handy for that additional hit of moisturisation. Find out more information about it over here, and grab your own for $40.

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts